Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

DF Eternal Suggestion Voting

<< < (153/173) > >>

Brienne:
So knowledge is on the way.
One of common interest in past civilizations is astrology/astronomy. People thought messages were hidden in sky, they tried to understands god(s) and watched stars, comets, eclipses... and "explained" them.
I guess it could fit with DF universe.

IG, astrology could give clues about what happens in the world, may warns about future siege, necro/FB attacks...
Astronomy could help for travels, caravans stuff (frequency for ex), trade, special conditions stuff (stars alignment allowed special alloys and dwarves could predict that)... Artists could leave/come for astronomic events, like celtic priest gathering during full moon night,... could give astro moods...
It may needs special buidlings (mirror, glass, books,...)

All this is related to knowledge and religion aspects Toady is working on.
I add this suggestion to http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/eternal_voting.php as I don't see any post about it. (->"Astronomy and astrology")

Hope it gives ideas for future development.
PS: Toady, ThreeToe, thanks again for this game. Hours of playing, days of dreaming.

Aquillion:
The problem is that any time Toady spends moderating this (or even managing people who moderate it) is time not spent working on Dwarf Fortress.

Probably the best solution is for someone to create a new eternal suggestions voting page from scratch.  It would require discarding all votes, but honestly, doing that every so often is not a terrible idea.  Then once the new page picks up steam, it would be pretty easy for someone to point it out to Toady in one of the FotF threads so he can move the sticky to their new thread for it.

Puzzlemaker:
Honestly just nuking all the suggestions and starting over would probably be best.

lethosor:
I'm not opposed to setting up a new/improved page, if that's what's being discussed. It could be hosted on the wiki (although I'd have to consult Locriani about creating a new table/database for it). Of course, that would require a wiki account instead of a forum account, but the wiki's deploy process has the advantage of being more structured.

Puzzlemaker:

--- Quote from: lethosor on April 24, 2015, 03:14:24 pm ---I'm not opposed to setting up a new/improved page, if that's what's being discussed. It could be hosted on the wiki (although I'd have to consult Locriani about creating a new table/database for it). Of course, that would require a wiki account instead of a forum account, but the wiki's deploy process has the advantage of being more structured.

--- End quote ---

If you want to set that up, that would be awesome.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version