Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

DF Eternal Suggestion Voting

<< < (154/173) > >>

PeridexisErrant:

--- Quote from: Puzzlemaker on April 24, 2015, 05:44:21 pm ---
--- Quote from: lethosor on April 24, 2015, 03:14:24 pm ---I'm not opposed to setting up a new/improved page, if that's what's being discussed. It could be hosted on the wiki (although I'd have to consult Locriani about creating a new table/database for it). Of course, that would require a wiki account instead of a forum account, but the wiki's deploy process has the advantage of being more structured.

--- End quote ---

If you want to set that up, that would be awesome.

--- End quote ---

Absolutely, this would be fantastic.  Wikis are a lot more resilient regarding people vanishing from the fanbase, and we could certainty stand to start over.

Also it might convince a lot of people to get an account on the wiki, which can only be good!

Adrian:
While it'd be much more structured, and resilient against people disappearing, it's yet another account to manage.

I, for one, am already managing a dozen accounts that periodically need a new password and email verification. And that's just the informal, forum, and video game stuff.
The formal stuff for subscriptions, taxes, insurance, government and work would probably add another dozen to the list.
"Well it's just the one", people used to say to me. And now i've got two dozen logins to manage.

Having a wiki account is primarily useful for people planning on doing heavy editing work.
For anyone who just wants to vote on the ESV entries, the requirement of having a wiki account is just another hoop to jump through.

PeridexisErrant:
It would be more structured, more resilient, and (crucially) not completely dead and outdated.

As to the other stuff, (a) lastpass or similar; (b) many players don't have a Bay12 forums account, so this changes instead of adding to the requirement.

MDFification:
I, for one, would at least like to see suggestions that have already been implemented removed. Seeing things with hundreds of votes that have in fact been added makes it kind of discouraging to add to the voting list - your suggestion will most likely skulk at the bottom of the list an appear unpopular solely because suggestions that don't need to be on the list anymore snowballed in the past.

Draco18s:

--- Quote from: MDFification on May 21, 2015, 03:16:24 pm ---I, for one, would at least like to see suggestions that have already been implemented removed. Seeing things with hundreds of votes that have in fact been added makes it kind of discouraging to add to the voting list - your suggestion will most likely skulk at the bottom of the list an appear unpopular solely because suggestions that don't need to be on the list anymore snowballed in the past.

--- End quote ---

I tried to do that, but I control very few entries.  Just most of the popular ones at the time of the system's creation.

If you scroll to the bottom, all the ones marked "do not vote" are ones that I own and have cleared when they were implemented.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version