Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

DF Eternal Suggestion Voting

<< < (155/173) > >>

Devin:

--- Quote from: Adrian on May 12, 2015, 05:54:26 pm ---While it'd be much more structured, and resilient against people disappearing, it's yet another account to manage.

I, for one, am already managing a dozen accounts that periodically need a new password and email verification. And that's just the informal, forum, and video game stuff.
The formal stuff for subscriptions, taxes, insurance, government and work would probably add another dozen to the list.
"Well it's just the one", people used to say to me. And now i've got two dozen logins to manage.

Having a wiki account is primarily useful for people planning on doing heavy editing work.
For anyone who just wants to vote on the ESV entries, the requirement of having a wiki account is just another hoop to jump through.

--- End quote ---

I recommend having a common username/login you use for your many unimportant website/wiki/etc logins.  It's a security risk, but they're the unimportant things, so who cares?

Adrian:

--- Quote from: Devin on May 24, 2015, 11:41:00 am ---I recommend having a common username/login you use for your many unimportant website/wiki/etc logins.  It's a security risk, but they're the unimportant things, so who cares?
--- End quote ---
I took a look at Peridexis' suggestion of using lastpass. After looking around a bit i settled on Keepass.
I spent about two hours reading documentation and setting stuff up, but now i can log into the Dwarf Forums by hitting Ctrl+Alt+a on the index.
I can churn out randomized passwords of variable length and complexity ad nauseam, and the whole database is locked up behind a key file which i keep on an SD card stuck on my person and a master key which is the only thing i need to remember.

No longer being required to remember all of my login-password combinations is a lifesaver. Cognitively, anyways.

With that said i'm no longer opposed to having a second ESV list on the wiki. Though i would still prefer to keep the one on the forums, simply because Tarn and Zach need to have master read/write privileges.
(Alternatively, they could be given administrator privileges on the wiki)

TBeholder:
There may be a more flexible way for Workshop Material Selection, if slightly roundabout.

Zarathustra30:
So, the link leads to a 404. I imagine it has something to do with the recent server migration.

lethosor:
Yeah, http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/eternal_voting.php works.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version