Dwarf Fortress > DF Suggestions

DF Eternal Suggestion Voting

<< < (160/173) > >>

Bumber:

--- Quote from: MoonyTheHuman on June 02, 2016, 08:46:24 pm ---is there some sort of new link? old one 404'd

--- End quote ---
Check just a few posts above yours.

Draco18s:
Quoting for visibility now that the thread has moved to a new page.

--- Quote from: n4m3l3ss on May 06, 2016, 03:59:06 am ---The link in the first post doesn't work, 404 Not Found.
For those who don't know, the real one is: http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/eternal_voting.php

--- End quote ---

Grey45:
Why dwarf fortress still single-threading game? Single core performance stop increase 5 years ago, and game plan to be more and more heavy.

LordBaal:

--- Quote from: Grey45 on June 29, 2016, 12:03:08 pm ---Why dwarf fortress still single-threading game? Single core performance stop increase 5 years ago, and game plan to be more and more heavy.

--- End quote ---
Basically because is a hell to change a code so far down the road to multi-threading. And since Toady works alone it would mean months if not years of code updating only, no new features, which kind of keep the game (and donations) going and would mean in the end an stop altogether for the game. At least that's what I speculate. Perhaps he don't know how to do it, or simply don't want to do it at this moment or never.

Grey45:

--- Quote from: LordBaal on June 29, 2016, 01:01:01 pm ---
--- Quote from: Grey45 on June 29, 2016, 12:03:08 pm ---Why dwarf fortress still single-threading game? Single core performance stop increase 5 years ago, and game plan to be more and more heavy.

--- End quote ---
Basically because is a hell to change a code so far down the road to multi-threading. And since Toady works alone it would mean months if not years of code updating only, no new features, which kind of keep the game (and donations) going and would mean in the end an stop altogether for the game. At least that's what I speculate. Perhaps he don't know how to do it, or simply don't want to do it at this moment or never.

--- End quote ---
I dont think so. Perhaps i not work in such big projects, and dont know anything.
By the way, why Toady work alone? Dont he want to brign dw to opensource?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version