Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58]

Author Topic: DF Eternal Suggestion Voting  (Read 452815 times)

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: DF Eternal Suggestion Voting
« Reply #855 on: February 24, 2021, 06:13:41 pm »

I think the thread should probably be locked by this point. The thing isn't being used or maintained, and all anyone ever does is ask about deleting implemented features.

I've done my best to manage the suggestions under my control, but it's relatively few.
I could probably go in and un-already-worked-on them all at this point, but it was mostly there to be like "hey, this saw progress, try highlighting other things for a while"

(Lol, my profile images are dead)

rico6822

• Bay Watcher
  • Constantly fails to become elephant man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: July 07, 2021, 08:14:25 am »

I think the thread should probably be locked by this point. The thing isn't being used or maintained, and all anyone ever does is ask about deleting implemented features.

I've done my best to manage the suggestions under my control, but it's relatively few.
I could probably go in and un-already-worked-on them all at this point, but it was mostly there to be like "hey, this saw progress, try highlighting other things for a while"

Will you restore your images back to work?
Does anybody know how to become an elephant man in adventure mode? I literally did all advanced world settings possible to increase chances.

Magmacube_tr

• Bay Watcher
  • Praise KeK! For He is The Key and The Gate!
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: September 24, 2021, 11:45:38 am »

Will you restore your images back to work?

We'll be taking that as a no, then.
I must submerge myself in MAGMAAAAAAAAA! daily for 17 cents, which I detest. With a new profile picture!

My gaem. JOIN NAOW!!!

My sigtext. Read if you dare!

gondor2222

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: December 15, 2022, 11:17:33 pm »

Are people still using this poll? Been no replies to this thread for over a year and some of the top suggestions seem to be outdated (second most popular is "full graphics support")

hedgerow

• Bay Watcher
  • You're Thunderclappin'
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: August 03, 2023, 06:13:43 pm »

Lighting.

Gypsum Plaster.

Sprites.

Sound.

Console.

FPS.

Mode.

andreasng

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: December 27, 2023, 07:00:38 am »

humble suggestion. never lose the ASCII mode.... never.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: December 27, 2023, 11:07:51 pm »

humble suggestion. never lose the ASCII mode.... never.

I mean, was Toady ever seriously considering dropping it in the first place? Considering ASCII's been a cornerstone of the game since its inception and many fans still prefer it, he'd basically be shooting himself in the foot by doing away with it entirely.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

mikekchar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: December 29, 2023, 01:24:08 am »

Well, ASCII in a terminal window is no longer available on Linux and I'm willing to bet it will never come back.  The current display is just too wide to really work well.  I'm also thinking that the current ASCII mode (which has problems precisely because the display is too wide), will eventually morph to essentially a graphics set that uses ASCII characters as the pictures.  Ideally, it will have all the old ASCII features, but that the map tiles and UI tiles will have different fonts (and font metrics).  However, that's a fairly big departure from the original ASCII game.
Pages: 1 ... 56 57 [58]