Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: LCS-Back to The Future  (Read 2467 times)

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
Re: LCS-Back to The Future
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2008, 04:50:00 pm »

There is no loading screen.  It's running normally.
Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2008, 04:54:00 pm »

Its not loading. Its running a massively complicated political simulator that simulates political trends over the course of as many years as it takes for just your sleepers to obtain elite liberal status vs the conservative influences. To see how long that takes start a new game and hold down "W" until it goes arch conservative for an idea of how long it takes.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2008, 05:29:00 pm »

Hrmmm... actually, Ioric may be onto something-- I grabbed the latest version, started a game, and disbanded to get a good idea of how long it takes to resolve disbanding, and over 30 minutes have passed... that's abnormal, even for such a long process. Is it borked in the new version? Or is it just seriously lengthened by age calculations and stuff?

Edit: Yeah, it's broken, there's no way in hell it took this time before, it's been over an hour now. And I just started a new game to disband so it's not like the conservatives had much to fight in the time I disbanded.

[ May 29, 2008: Message edited by: Twerty ]

Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2008, 01:11:00 am »

Hmm, I got a losing message when I disbanded, and then came back to an all liberal country.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 14, 2008, 11:18:00 am »

I had that too.
maybe it gives a losing message on win? (however waiting didn't give me a win...)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2008, 12:36:09 pm »

a bug in the egg:
crowbars don't have names!
(and why is the rest of equipment old? I was expecting some sort of cyber-keytar, holo-paint and force field prybar)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 [2]