Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: (LCS) Will the sun blow up first?  (Read 7585 times)

qwertyuiopas

• Bay Watcher
  • Photoshop is for elves who cannot use MSPaint.
    • View Profile
    • uristqwerty.ca, my current (barren) site.
Re: (LCS) Will the sun blow up first?
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2008, 07:12:00 pm »

Why not leave the bug in and congradulate them with a text file for the achievement.
Eh?
Eh!

Iskander

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2008, 06:35:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Armok:
<STRONG>One shuld really try to remove the thing making peaple die in prison and then recreate this...
Ray guns will be prehistory by then...</STRONG>

I suppose a Demolition Man mod is too much to ask for... :P

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2008, 07:33:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Iskander:
<STRONG>

I suppose a Demolition Man mod is too much to ask for... :P</STRONG>

I'm pretty sure the whole point of demolition man is that it's set after you've won.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 22, 2008, 12:08:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Teraleth:
<STRONG>
and said hippie, combined with his 'humiliating defense', got issued the death sentence.</STRONG>

Lol, one of my characters' defenses looked like Colin Ferguson's once.
The accidental "MY CLIENT IS GUILTY" is a good one too.

Has anyone ever actually beaten LCS?

Shoes...

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 22, 2008, 03:14:00 pm »

I did by heavily savescumming  :p

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 17, 2009, 04:03:59 pm »

I did by heavily savescumming  :p
Is there any other way? :P

Also, a "life sentence" seems to be defined as 50 years at its longest for some reason. I reckon that's the absolute longest time one could be expected to serve before being elegible for parole.

So assuming you get out of prison in 1,528,208 AD, and assuming we don't have to many "bad" things happen to the planet in that length of time, I'd say you'll still have a few more eons in which human life on Earth remains tenable.

« Last Edit: June 17, 2009, 04:29:04 pm by Ciarog »

R1ck

• Bay Watcher
  • Uninvited Guest
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 17, 2009, 04:14:03 pm »

Aye, I've won the game without cheating. In the end, I think that the CCS was actually helping to turn the country liberal, since they did so many rampages, and because I had so many good guardian writers. They tended to raid whenever high skill liberals got together though, so about 50 liberals were killed over the course of the game.
BTEAMHOB-Year 10 - It's POI'd to the extreme

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 17, 2009, 04:20:38 pm »

You have to bad ass to win the game. Quite frankly you have to have a flexible strat and have a few of every profession. A few sleeper lawers, judges, and maybe cops to pull in guns are unbelivably important. I find my self arming everyone with a trench coat(unless their on a special 'covert' mission) and a MP5 from the black market with fund raised, well, funds. In short, cops are your worst enemies, sleepers help alot, CSS=big nuisance, just take them out with mp5's.
Hello Hunam

Kanil

• Bay Watcher
  • [T_WORD:PILLAR:kanil]
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2009, 04:04:03 am »

Bump for great justice?
Yah, it sounds like minecraft with content, you have obviously missed the point, people dont like content, they like different coloured blocks.
Seems to work fine with my copy. As soon as I loaded the human caravan came by and the world burst into fire.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2009, 06:29:06 pm »

Hmm... speaking of weapons, which one is the best? I use magnums (they hide under anything and have the best power of any handgun), but what does everyone else use?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

Funk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2009, 07:54:33 pm »

ak47s(for countering raids)
9mm handguns(normal cary/raids)
Agree, plus that's about the LAST thing *I* want to see from this kind of game - author spending valuable development time on useless graphics.

Unofficial slogan of Bay 12 Games.  

Death to the false emperor a warhammer40k SG

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2009, 09:51:47 pm »

One shuld really try to remove the thing making peaple die in prison and then recreate this...
Ray guns will be prehistory by then...

Nah, by then the lifecycle of the planet would have taken us to a more primitive time....

I'm of course talking about the time of...

....DWARF FORTRESS!

Megaman

• Bay Watcher
  • What is love?
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2009, 11:08:12 pm »

Dwarf swings at EuchreuJack!
It Hits the head, chopping it OFF!
Hello Hunam

Ciarog

• Bay Watcher
  • Monkey Wrench Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2009, 09:31:17 am »

Hmm... speaking of weapons, which one is the best? I use magnums (they hide under anything and have the best power of any handgun), but what does everyone else use?
Shotguns or AR-15s for safehouse defense, .44 Magnums for infiltrations and AK-47s or M-16s for assaults.

Shame they don't have any rifles in the game that fire .44 Magnum, this was one of the early advantages of that type of ammunition.

ChemicalVengence

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously...
    • View Profile
    • ChemicalVengence NG account
« Reply #29 on: June 22, 2009, 04:33:52 am »

Shotguns or AR-15s for safehouse defense, .44 Magnums for infiltrations and AK-47s or M-16s for assaults.

Shame they don't have any rifles in the game that fire .44 Magnum, this was one of the early advantages of that type of ammunition.
When the .22 pistols were in the game, I had always assumed that at one point, there might be a .22 rifle added to the game, seeing as the assault rifle clip name is Rifle/Aslt. Rifle Mag (plus, the SLA used .22 rifles for that assassination). Either way, I think it'd be cool to see some sort of hunting rifle as a cheap, yet slightly less effective alternative to a full blow assault rifle (maybe the hicks and yokels could use them too), and definately a Tec-9 as a cheaper, less effective SMG, since I seem to get plenty of Liberals with the "SMG" skill long before I can afford to equip them with MP5's.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4