Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: A Suggestion for LCS  (Read 1083 times)

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
A Suggestion for LCS
« on: June 29, 2007, 04:06:00 pm »

If your LCS member gets sent to jail, why can't you get another LCS member to bust him out? Or pay bail?

I was thinking that for the bust-out, you'd go to the lockup and open it. There'd be a chance that your other member would be there if he hasn't been tried.

If he's been sent to jail already, you could go to the prison and try to free him.

Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Capntastic

• Bay Watcher
  • Greetings, mortals!
    • View Profile
    • A review and literature weblog I never update
Re: A Suggestion for LCS
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2007, 04:14:00 pm »

I'm pretty sure you can.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2007, 05:48:00 pm »

You can't post bail, but you can rescue people, and it works exactly as you suggested! You'll just need to find the lock-up in the building where the person you want to rescue is being held, and have somebody with enough security skill to break them out. Before the end of the first month after being arrested, you can find your arrested friends in the police lock-up. After you get the message that they're transferred to the courthouse, you can rescue them from the courthouse lock-up. After the trial, you can find them at the prison (assuming they weren't acquitted, of course).

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2007, 07:35:00 pm »

Oh.

Sorry.

Thanks for the info!

Btw, aren't you the guy who updates LCS?

Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2007, 11:06:00 am »

No problem!  :D

Yes, Grundee and I are the main people updating LCS right now.

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2007, 12:08:00 am »

So, what's gonna happen next?

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2007, 01:31:00 am »

Well, I've been on a bug fixing spree of late, but the next cool thing I'm thinking about doing is adding a medical skill so you can staunch bleeding on site to save someone's life, and heal your people without sending them to the clinic. I'll probably also enable creating a clinic of your own and maybe remove the existing free clinic and make the hospital charge if you have money and maybe report wounds to the police.

I have a crazy long term idea about the abandoned warehouse system, and was wondering if it wouldn't be cool to make it so that you don't get any abandoned warehouses to start with, but if you hit a factory site hard enough they'll abandon it, and then you can take it over or buy it as a safehouse. If you own it, all's well, otherwise they might send mercenaries to try to seize it back or something. The whole idea came about from a bug I accidentally caused (then fixed) that made you lose control of abandoned factories, and even the homeless shelter after somebody from there stood trial, and looking at the screen seeing these shelters actually lose their safehouse label. It was surprisingly cool. But that's just a crazy idea, I'm probably not going to be working on that anytime soon.  ;)

Little

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2007, 01:37:00 pm »

I was thinking you could add something like a grenade launcher...

C4 charges, blows a hole in the wall.

Body Armor. MY LCS members die too easily.

I got some more questions....

How do you increase your minions loyalty?

Why do police snipers kill you when your under siege?

How could I get my members to live longer?