Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Last Dwarves in the World?  (Read 12219 times)

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Last Dwarves in the World?
« Reply #60 on: December 13, 2008, 08:40:38 pm »

That caused problems though, like that dwarf getting marked as hostile at random intervals and getting ripped apart by traps.

It's far better just to work with the existing gene pool.

*sigh*

Now back to locking two dwarves in a room and yelling "HAVE SEX DAMN IT" for a few more hours straight hoping they marry...
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 13, 2008, 10:13:11 pm »

I just got cocky and ended up losing one of my two patriarchs and almost lost a matriarch.  I'm down to four adults.  This is hard -- no room for error!

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2008, 03:22:10 pm »

If you only have enough males for a single family, you might want to restart. I'm finding that for any reasonable expansion, you need at least two families of dwarves.

On the flip side, I've had a pair of my second generation dwarves marry recently. My leader should be a grandmother soon. :)

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 14, 2008, 06:37:16 pm »

I have 17 kids, so I'll be OK -- the fatherless family has eight living kids.  My worry right now is providing silk; I didn't think I had a chasm, now I have to find it.  Lacking that, you should read the "eight" above as "seven."

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 16, 2008, 04:24:42 am »

I was fortunate enough to have a GCS on my map. He provided 58 sheets of cloth and one thread before dying of old age.

It's a shame you can't get GCS and regular cave spiders on the same map.
Or at least... I think you can't.
Can you?

neo1096

• Bay Watcher
  • It watches and waits...
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 16, 2008, 05:19:03 am »

You can, just need the right biomes. I have gotten 3 GCS and uncountable cave spiders in the same map before.
What again? Iron scepter - Lovehealing? Oh, I almost shed a tear... Put it in your ass, I'm talking about importans artistic defences!!! You see, yaks and bridge... Stop polishing that scepter! You're disgusting me!"

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 16, 2008, 12:00:43 pm »

Would it be possible to mod in the ability to unsew all that narrow GCS crap that is piling up in my corridors, and thus generate GCS thread?

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2009, 01:39:29 am »

Rise, rise from the dead and walk this world once more!

...hem.

A question out there for the other people who have been working with this seed: Have you ever been able to surpass 30 dwarves solely by natural production? (This means no migrants, ever.)

I seem to have hit a snag in my population growth, where none of my dwarves are breeding even though it's been over a year and a half since our twenty-ninth child was born. It's getting a little irritating and I suspect it may have to do with the Mayor/Noble coding.

numerobis

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2009, 12:59:40 am »

I have over 70.  My mayor mandates I not export things I don't make to trading partners I don't have.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]