Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions, LCS  (Read 1005 times)

HeiltotheThief

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
    • http://www.downwithdubya.tk
Questions, LCS
« on: July 04, 2004, 07:56:00 pm »

I just found this game yesterday. It really is a good game. I have a few general questions about it (I did read the manual, by the way)

One: What do sleepers do for you?

Two: Does vandalism (sp?) make the public hate you?

Three: How do I influence public opinion about issues (pollution, police, that kind of thing)

Four: What's a business front?

Five: I can't seem to get the printing press to work. I installed one, but I never get a newspaper, although the manual says I do.

Six: Is there a way to hexedit the save? I'm not really planning to, but I sort of feel like cheating as much as I can after I beat it legitamitely.

Thank you.

ush is a moron!

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Questions, LCS
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2004, 10:17:00 pm »

Thanks for dropping by.

1) Sleepers with important positions influence public opinion.  A few of them also have special roles.  Unimportant sleepers are currently useless.

2) Only if you do it while on a mission and a non-conservative sees you.

3) The most direct way is to go forth and stop evil with your squads.  Use them to commit crimes, but don't alienate the masses by committing crimes in their presence.

4) A business front is a facade in front of the site that stops police raids for a time.

5) The printing press enhances your public opinion effect.  If you find special objects, you'll receive a prompt to publish them at the end of the month.

6) You can hexedit the save at your own risk.  The source is posted on the lcs page if you'd like to see the save format (you'd have to be able to makes sense of the C).

The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!