Dwarf Fortress > DF Community Games & Stories

War against the Elves, Community Adventuring Party

(1/18) > >>

CaveBacon:
So, I had an idea for a new type of Community game:  The Community Adventuring Party!

People can post the name, skill choices, and RP background/personality details that they want for a starting-level adventurer, which I will build and then retire in a specific town.

Then, once enough people have their adventurers built, I will come along with one of my previous adventurers (one strong enough to convince starting-level adventurers to join him), and recruit all of the adventurers people have built, forming a warband to go fight the elves.  I'll then post here with screenshots, etc. letting everyone know how badly we got slaughtered.

When my adventurer dies, I'll use megaupload.com to pass the save on to someone else, if there's anyone else who would like to run this.

I would pass the save around to let people build their own adventuers, but I'm using a series of mods, and building the adventurers myself is just more practical for everyone involved.

The mods I am using are:
This modpack:
http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=13&t=000640
The Lizardman mod:
http://dffd.wimbli.com/file.php?id=209

The races available to play are: Lizardmen, Goblins, Humans, and Dwarves.
Lizardmen are by far the most practical of the races for me to set up mostly because A: they start in the area where I will be retiring the adventurers, and  B: two of their civilizations are already hostile to the elves from my previous battles.
here's the creature data for lizardmen:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
--- Code: ---[CREATURE:LIZARD_MAN]
[NAME:lizardman:lizardmen:lizardman]
[TILE:'L'][COLOR:2:0:0]
[GENPOWER:3]
[BUTCHERABLE_NONSTANDARD]
[INTELLIGENT][SPEED:800]
[TRANCES]
[CARNIVORE]
[CANOPENDOORS]
[PREFSTRING:shiny sclaes][LISP]
[BODY:HUMANOID:TAIL:2EYES:NOSE:2LUNGS:HEART:GUTS:ORGANS:HUMANOID_JOINTS:THROAT:NECK:SPINE:BRAIN:4FINGERS:4TOES:MOUTH]
[EXTRACT:lizardman venom:7:0:0]
[EXTRACT_VALUE:100]
[EXTRACT_PARALYZE]
[EXTRACT_ANTIDOTE:lizardman antivenin:7:0:0:100]
[MAXAGE:80:90]
[ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:GRASP:punch:punches:1:2:BLUDGEON][ATTACKFLAG_WITH]
[ATTACK:MAIN:BYTYPE:MOUTH:bite:bites:1:6:GORE][ATTACKFLAG_CANLATCH][SPECIALATTACK_INJECT_EXTRACT:50:100]
[CHILD:10]
[FAT:3]
[SIZE:8]
[EQUIPS]
[DIURNAL]
[CRAFTSMAN_NAME:craftslizard:craftslizards]
[FISHERMAN_NAME:fisherlizard:fisherlizards]
[HAMMERMAN_NAME:hammerlizard:hammerlizards]
[SPEARMAN_NAME:spearlizard:spearlizards]
[CROSSBOWMAN_NAME:markslizard:markslizards]
[AXEMAN_NAME:axelizard:axedlizards]
[SWORDSMAN_NAME:swordslizard:swordslizards]
[MACEMAN_NAME:macelizard:macelizards]
[PIKEMAN_NAME:pikelizard:pikelizards]
[BOWMAN_NAME:bowlizard:bowlizards]
[SPEECH:human_male.txt]
[STANDARD_FLESH]
[HOMEOTHERM:10067]
[LAYERING:50]
[SWIMS_INNATE][SWIM_SPEED:2500]
[PERSONALITY:DUTIFULNESS:0:50:100]
[PERSONALITY:ARTISTIC_INTEREST:0:45:100]

--- End code ---

As you can see, Lizardmen are pretty buff, they are size 8, faster than humans/dwarves, and thier bites have canlatch and are venimous.
Elves with bows still snipe the hell out of them though.

Lizardmen have access to the following skills:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)Blowgunner   (gives them slings, which are ranged blunt weapons)
Bowlizard
Macelizard
Spearlizard
Swordslizard
Axelizard
Lasher
Sheild User
Armor User
Wrestler
Ambusher (although I'm not sure the AI will use it)
Thrower
Swimmer (useless, as they Lizardmen have [SWIMS_INNATE])

If enough people would rather do this without the mods, and just build an army of dwarves and/or humans to go kill the elves, then I'll run it that way.

We can also do other types of adventures (providing I can actually manage to find a quest), and if there's enough interest, I'll create an adventurer fort for us to run through (does anyone know what factors govern whether or not monsters take over abandoned forts?)

WorkerDrone:
I'll take part. A Human if you will. Swordsmen, Armour user, and Shield user. More into the Shield, a skilled or competant in armour, and the rest into sword use.

Though I find it would have been more to my taste in going to war against the Goblins. But that would mean depriveing you of your mods. Wouldn't it?

CaveBacon:
Cool,  We have goblins on the map, we could go to war with them.  I just found elves to be a more fun thing to to go war with.

If more people would rather go to war with Goblins, that's fine, too.

WorkerDrone:
Due to the fact that everyone but me loves attacking elves(Not that I use them...crappy wooden...tree huggin.) its likely I'll have to settle with the likely hood of a arrow up the arse by the...well likely the moment we start the first battle. How many can you fit into the warband by the way? 11? 17? 20 or so? I forget. Haven't tried fitting a whole lot of meat sacks into one party in a while. A few of them get picked off easy. But a dozen or so end up nearly clearing caves before I get a chance to get my third kill in.

Though I suppose haveing 12 'adventurerers' also means theres a acceptable exhange rate. Meaning for my character, undertakeing the mission would have a acceptable loss of
11. :D

EDIT: Also, Name my guy Stryke.

EDIT2: And yes, the y was intended.

CaveBacon:
I think 8 is the max, We have some NPC's in the warband already, so I might have to go let them all get killed off.

Stryke is now his nickname.  I had created him named WorkerDrone, sorry.

I'm having a ton of trouble getting your character to the lizardman town. Stupid giant lions.

I'll get his stats/ starting equipment up in a second.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version