Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: Sappers in warfare  (Read 13008 times)

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sappers in warfare
« Reply #75 on: September 24, 2008, 03:53:33 pm »

You could have different species sieging- trogs/orges/undead army an even better way would be at a certain Z level of mining you run the risk of being invaded by the 'army from the deep' trogs or dark gnomes spawn like HFS dig through a single tile of your mineing operation and invade from there- maybe give an advance warning like 'you hear scrapeing against the walls' so you can quickly try to get out.

tinhead

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Sappers in warfare
« Reply #76 on: September 24, 2008, 06:28:04 pm »

I'm not sure if it has been mentioned or not, but on the topic of sappers, I think Toady might want to incorporate some kind of trench system. Where, you can dig trenches, which aren't as low as a channel. And, they could be shot out of, but provided good cover too. With that, I think we also need palisades and a set of fortifications. To clarify, wooden fortifications could be destroyed, and some stone too. But, if the stone is strong enough, (like bauxite) it couldn't be destroyed. And, palisades (wood only) would be like a really weak, destroyable wall, but would be stronger than fortifications. Plus, fortifications couldn't be shot out of. Instead, something like slits, which you built onto fortifications, could be added to.

A bit deep into that, I know, but DF would sure be a bit more complicated and interesting with those. Just my thoughts.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]