Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]

Author Topic: New World: Beastiary project  (Read 12107 times)

Owie

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: New World: Beastiary project
« Reply #75 on: September 23, 2008, 04:38:03 pm »

I don't think 4LUNGS is a token. Just changing the number in front of LUNGS won't increase anything. 2LUNGS refers to an already created body part in body_default. To get four lungs, you have to go into the body_default file and create the part.
Yaha!

Nilocy

• Bay Watcher
  • Queen of a Community.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: October 07, 2008, 06:50:34 pm »

Snatcher
This creature hunts down sentiant being and takes over their minds while changing their bodies. It infests a host, and makee him/her extrememly tough and agile. They hunt by themselves and use their hosts to spread thier kind. The will kill their hosts intially, then slowly take over its body. It has been known to attack with tentacles spewing from all over its body.

I'm wondering if you could use this as some kinda infection or something... I dunno like fire only not as obvious.

Efun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: October 18, 2008, 02:04:23 pm »

Snatcher
This creature hunts down sentiant being and takes over their minds while changing their bodies. It infests a host, and makee him/her extrememly tough and agile. They hunt by themselves and use their hosts to spread thier kind. The will kill their hosts intially, then slowly take over its body. It has been known to attack with tentacles spewing from all over its body.

I'm wondering if you could use this as some kinda infection or something... I dunno like fire only not as obvious.

Thats why you throw bodies into bottomless pits :D
Military dorfs are the busiest if their partner is also in the military, Military children are my forts future, also its hilariously tragic when a mother carrying her child into battle gets hit, and the baby dies....
I fixed that up for you.

Nonanonymous

• Bay Watcher
  • A blithering idiot
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: October 18, 2008, 04:55:39 pm »

Just a note that this project isn't dead,
Snatcher

There are no infections in Dwarf Fortress.  Despite the inability to use soap as anything but a building material, Dwarves never take ill and never carry disease.

Anyhow, I'm currently stuck in a state of not having many good ideas that can be implemented, and waiting for the new version to check out what all can be done with that.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6]