Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11

Author Topic: A shocking revelation! ...ladies...  (Read 10527 times)

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
  • [CREATURE:FIRE_ELF]
    • View Profile
A shocking revelation! ...ladies...
« on: September 18, 2008, 03:55:22 pm »

That reference better not be obscure.

If you click the [more stats] link at the bottom of the main forums, it gives you DF forum statistics.

Male to Female Ratio:     24.4:1

Holy crap!  :o They're starting to infiltrate our ranks! ;) Girls play DF too! Shocking.

Also, my gf won't believe me nor will she ever touch Dwarf Fortress. I'm kind of bemused that she puts up with my video game playing at all, but at least I don't play MMOs or try to suck her into WoW like other assholes.

Is it sad that I've seen worse male/female ratios in my engineering courses?

That's why I like sociology.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Slam with the best or jam with the rest
    • View Profile
Re: A shocking revelation! ...ladies...
« Reply #1 on: September 18, 2008, 03:58:56 pm »

Holy crap!  :o They're starting to infiltrate our ranks! ;) Girls play DF too! Shocking.

We're real stealthy, since us ladies have the beards too.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2008, 04:01:51 pm »

It started with Moogie.  When all the women saw her and her awesome artifact sketch thread, they just flocked over.
(Moogie: If you're actually NOT female, my apologies, I thought I remembered posts by you stating such)
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2008, 04:11:04 pm »

It started with Moogie.  When all the women saw her and her awesome artifact sketch thread, they just flocked over.
(Moogie: If you're actually NOT female, my apologies, I thought I remembered posts by you stating such)

I believe she is of the female gender and referred to herself as such numerous times.

Of course, I would imagine lots of girls would keep it neutral in their profile. This is the internet mind you. Although DF seems to attract people who have better uses of their times other than trying to seduce hypothetical girls at a hypothetical location for a hypothetical relationship. Damn you, general population of the internet!
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2008, 04:16:38 pm »

That reference better not be obscure.

If you click the [more stats] link at the bottom of the main forums, it gives you DF forum statistics.

Male to Female Ratio:     24.4:1

Also, my gf won't believe me nor will she ever touch Dwarf Fortress. I'm kind of bemused that she puts up with my video game playing at all, but at least I don't play MMOs or try to suck her into WoW like other assholes.

Is it sad that I've seen worse male/female ratios in my engineering courses?

That's why I like sociology.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You can also just register a new account and act like a female.  ;D
[Ok just kidding of course  ;)]

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2008, 04:20:01 pm »

Dwarf Fortress: The MMORPG

Didn't you know MMORPG stood for "Many Men Online Role Playing Girls"?  ;)

And Duke 2.0: We get laughs all the time because people will ask how my gf and I met and we just have to truthfully answer: "internet?"

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2008, 04:23:23 pm »

Didn't you know MMORPG stood for "Many Men Online Role Playing Girls"?  ;)

Now that you mentioned this...so many males are playing with female characters in WoW, I was always like "what the hell?"..I couldnt ever play with a female charcater in a game, so Ive always found that odd...but it seems like that it must be quite common.  ;D

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2008, 04:29:01 pm »

Now that you mentioned this...so many males are playing with female characters in WoW, I was always like "what the hell?"..I couldnt ever play with a female charcater in a game, so Ive always found that odd...but it seems like that it must be quite common.  ;D
Well... besides diablo 2 when they forced gender of certain classes... when I USED to play a few MMOs like Guild Wars, I played as a female.

You know why?

Because as a dude it was illogical for me to stare at a guy's ass ALL DAY.

Back in the MUD days I played as a male though, and I never understood those creepy guys who attempted to roleplay women.

Most girls I knew in MMOs (our guild had many) played as men to not attract attention.

Now I've sworn off MMOs forever.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2008, 04:33:43 pm »

Well... besides diablo 2 when they forced gender of certain classes... when I USED to play a few MMOs like Guild Wars, I played as a female.

You know why?

Because as a dude it was illogical for me to stare at a guy's ass ALL DAY.

Back in the MUD days I played as a male though, and I never understood those creepy guys who attempted to roleplay women.

Most girls I knew in MMOs (our guild had many) played as men to not attract attention.

Now I've sworn off MMOs forever.

Hm ok that makes sense..however I never forget about the RPG in the MMORPG. I couldnt ever RP a female...thus I was playing with an orc warrior for quite a long time.  ;D

Kagus

• Bay Watcher
  • Olive oil. Don't you?
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2008, 04:55:48 pm »

The RPG part these days has very little to do with RP, and much more to do with EXP.

And although I can fully agree with the sentiment of choosing a slightly more pleasing back end to stare at all day (especially these days), I also have a hard time playing as a female character.

...  Except for certain unmentionable circumstances, that is...

Emily Murkpaddled

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2008, 05:38:49 pm »

Long live the Murkpaddles! ... wait, are you already talking about how we're all fake?

If someone asks me on WoW if I'm a girl, I tell them I'm not, because it's never a good thing if someone else asks. If it's someone I'm friends with though, maybe I'll tell them if they keep calling me "dudebro" or something.

But honestly, I don't appreciate the kind of attention that comes from it in a place like WoW.

Here, though, we're all just beards attached to walking death wishes. :P

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2008, 05:57:16 pm »

Why are you guys talking like there are only two sexes?  You're forgetting five of them.

There can be no babies without male homosexuals, but there can be without female homosexuals.  There can't be babies without women over 65 years old, but there can with men, and there can't be babies without other babies who had lived an hour or so less after birth.

Also, I tell everyone on WoW that I'm a girl.  It leads to some uncomfortable moments when they find out I'm not.

Shoes...

Dasleah

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2008, 06:16:51 pm »

I always roll a girl on MMOs. Call me a cheap floozy, but it's sad the amount of money, loot, and manners other players will throw at you because they think they've got a chance to cyber with you.

I put on my wizard robe and hat. And then /ignore ;)
Pokethulhu Orange: UPDATE 25
The Roguelike Development Megathread.

As well, all the posts i've seen you make are flame posts, barely if at all constructive.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2008, 06:19:40 pm »

I always roll a girl on MMOs. Call me a cheap floozy, but it's sad the amount of money, loot, and manners other players will throw at you because they think they've got a chance to cyber with you.

I put on my wizard robe and hat. And then /ignore ;)

I've thought about doing that, but I never get around to it.
Shoes...

KaelGotDwarves

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2008, 06:22:31 pm »

That's funny because a girl played a guy, and I played a girl in RO and we got married for lulz and to confuse the guild.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 11