Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11

Author Topic: A shocking revelation! ...ladies...  (Read 10549 times)

sneakey pete

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: A shocking revelation! ...ladies...
« Reply #30 on: September 19, 2008, 08:13:04 am »

Is it sad that I've seen worse male/female ratios in my engineering courses?

That's why I like sociology.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

You should get into media related stuff. 8:1 female to male ratio in one of my classes once.

The actual numbers were 8:1 though...
Magma is overrated.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2008, 08:20:55 am »

Yeah, I go to a private school, and I'm the only guy in the senior class, out of four people.
Shoes...

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2008, 08:41:00 am »

People always say they don't want to stare at a man's backside when they're playing an MMORPG, but I think they're just looking for an excuse to stare at a woman's backside.  All of my MMO characters are male, except in MMOs where classes are gender-forced, and I never play those for more than a few minutes.  Inability to allow gender selection is usually just one symptom of LOWQUALITYKOREANMMORPGDEVELOPERWITHTOOMUCHMONEYITIS.  I have never felt the need to stare at my character, except maybe when I get a really nice looking new item, like a piece of my Merciless Gladiator Warlock set.
i don't think it is a story about ass, i mean look these 3 pictures, wich character is better made? of course the girls, it is just game artists put more attantion on femal characters.
/images quality on:/
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2008, 08:42:59 am »

I have a RL friend who is a girl

RL friend who is a girl?? Well wow, you must be quite unique.  ;D
I have a girlfriend but I dont have female friends...but maybe that is just me.  :P

John Johnston

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrescuable aspie.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2008, 09:11:33 am »

Speaking as someone biologically male and bi/trans, I don't usually care about the gender of characters in MMORPGs; I nearly always start with a male character, alternate to female characters, and then shift back as soon as I get too annoyed with the chainmail bikinis.

The one time someone asked me to LRP a female character I nearly died of embarassment...   ::)
Oh
God it's been a lovely day
Everything's been going my way
I had so much fun today
And I'm on fire

IndonesiaWarMinister

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2008, 09:25:24 am »

I use always male beings.
Unmale beings played by males are to be terminated in....

(OH NO! EA BOUGHT DWARF FORTRESS!)
[Proceed to kill self]

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2008, 09:38:37 am »

I use always male beings.
You use them to do what?
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2008, 09:38:56 am »

I've only played as a female character once in an online RPG. And I regretted it. It was Phantasy Star Universe, my main was a beast Fortefighter, the most powerful physical attack combination possible.

Then I figured I wanted an alt.  Mostly to try out the new acrofighter class(a high speed, high evade fighter) and made one.  I had grown addicted to the high damage output so I chose another beast.  I chose a female this time however since they were a bit more geared to agility than the males.  Purely a stats based decision.

Of course beasts have a hulklike anthro transformation when they take enough damage.  The were form is only clothed with some strategically placed fur.  Since it was well known that I am a male gamer, naturally everyone assumed that was my motivation for the character. 
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: September 19, 2008, 09:43:57 am »

I've only played as a female character once in an online RPG. And I regretted it. It was Phantasy Star Universe, my main was a beast Fortefighter, the most powerful physical attack combination possible.

Then I figured I wanted an alt.  Mostly to try out the new acrofighter class(a high speed, high evade fighter) and made one.  I had grown addicted to the high damage output so I chose another beast.  I chose a female this time however since they were a bit more geared to agility than the males.  Purely a stats based decision.

Of course beasts have a hulklike anthro transformation when they take enough damage.  The were form is only clothed with some strategically placed fur.  Since it was well known that I am a male gamer, naturally everyone assumed that was my motivation for the character. 
and why did you care about some unknown peoples opignon?
Mohreb el Yasim

Greiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Reptilian Illuminati member. Keep it secret.
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 19, 2008, 09:50:43 am »

and why did you care about some unknown peoples opinion?

It was primarily people who should have known better, people I did runs with for a long time. 
When somebody assumes something incorrectly, I make an effort to correct it, and they still insist the assumption is right it annoys me to no end.
Disclaimer: Not responsible for dwarven deaths from the use or misuse of this post.
I don't need friends!! I've got knives!!!

mendonca

• Bay Watcher
  • [CLIVE]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: September 19, 2008, 12:09:35 pm »

Another boy here who has played as a lady figurine in an online RPG.

Personally it started off as kind of a 50/50 type thing (just a character you know ..)

Started to get confused when these guy characters started trying to chat me up ... it then dawned on me the possibility that my homicidal axe-wielding orc-ess might still actually be enough to stimulate the tormented pit of hormones that we all were when we were 16 or so ...

That was about the time I stopped playing that particular game. Not sure if it was related.

apache1990

• Bay Watcher
  • Arena Master
    • View Profile
    • Bay Watcher Arena V2.0!
« Reply #41 on: September 19, 2008, 04:51:35 pm »

Why I play the only real MMO I play:
I can play as a killer robot with a huge missile launcher?

Or because I can play as a killer robot with a huge missile launcher with an even huger siege cannon upgrade attached?

Lol.  That, and it IS free.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: September 19, 2008, 05:14:31 pm »

RF Online...

Typical Korean Grindfest.
Shoes...

apache1990

• Bay Watcher
  • Arena Master
    • View Profile
    • Bay Watcher Arena V2.0!
« Reply #43 on: September 19, 2008, 06:02:32 pm »

I just like to blow stuff up, lol.

unobtaniumman

• Bay Watcher
  • Stop squashing Mr. Saturn!
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 19, 2008, 11:38:44 pm »

Wow, that's an awfully suggestive looking lazor rifle you've got there...

Also, I always play male. Seriously, I have trouble believing that such an obscure game as DF would attract so many women. Not meaning to steryotype, but spending all yer time in front of a computer monitor is one of those shameful guy things.
Time Kitten: Brown oceans are typically blotched with red for no apparent reason. I say asthetics.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 11