Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Genetic monsters and firebunnies  (Read 2456 times)

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
Genetic monsters and firebunnies
« on: June 12, 2008, 01:48:00 am »

In todays news, 28 people were killed in an attack on Black's gentlemens club.  Survivors of the massacre described 6 bizarre "mutant monsters" as the perpetrators of the attack.  All were purported to be wearing Liberal Crime Squad colors.  The Club will be closed pending police investigation.

In other news, a local police station burned to the ground.  There were no survivors, and only one witness who has been deemed by police unfit to testify.  When questions the man stated again and again "it was the six white rabbits.  The burned with fires of hell!".  The man is currently in the psychiatric ward of the University hospital.  An investigating officer on the scene stated to reporters that this was not a case of straightforward arson, as no incendiary device or accelerants could be found on the scene.  He is quote as saying "it's the damnedest thing, it couldn't have been an electrical fire, the building wouldn't have gone up that fast.  It's like someone came in, breathed fire all over the lobby, and left."  

There's nothing satisfying like having your freshly recruited Genetic monstrosity rip out the spleen of a pursuing police officer.  I haven't really done alot with the flaming rabbits yet, but I will,`it's just a matter of time.  

It makes me wish I had a nice juicy target to rip to shreds with my eclectic squads of monsters.

Dwarmin

• Bay Watcher
  • Where do we go from here?
    • View Profile
Re: Genetic monsters and firebunnies
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2008, 02:58:00 am »

Im going to have an army of sentient purple gorillas to fight the conservatives lol
Dwarmin's fell gaze has fallen upon you. Sadly, Your life and your quest end here, at this sig.

"The hats never coming off."

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
  • Multiclass Bard/Kitten trainer
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 05:34:00 am »

... They're real?  How do you get them?
Come see the MOST interesting Twitter account on the internet!  Mine!

Don't worry!  Be happy!  It's the law!

Brendan

• Bay Watcher
  • fa/tg/uy
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 07:59:00 am »

I would think they'd be in the Genetics building in the University District, but I've seen them mooching around the CEO Residence on the Outskirts too.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, animals can be recruited (and seduced, and kidnapped and tortured for information) just like anybody else.

[ June 12, 2008: Message edited by: Brendan ]

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 08:01:00 am »

What's the best way to get them?

Brendan

• Bay Watcher
  • fa/tg/uy
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 08:05:00 am »

Go in disguise as a security guard at the CEO residence and seduce them. You can brainwash them into joining you as a liberal. It works for me.

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 02:45:00 pm »

Much easier to bust them out of cages and use guitars to convert them.  You can get as many as 6 per cage.  Of course, each liberal you bring can only convert so many.  

The problem is that their stats are completely random. I've come across maybe three that have good stats in the health/agility/strength category, and as their main attraction is the unarmed attacks those are the most important ones.  Still, the wussiest Urban commando is still totally badass.  I'm thinking I'll start two squads, a low stats dump squad and a badass squad.

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 04:39:00 pm »

Wow, I can't believe this works so well. I just converted a writhing mass, warped bear and purple gorilla, I believe. You don't really get any more liberal than leading an angry squad of monstrous animals against the genetics corporations. I love this game so much.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 07:14:00 pm »

« Last Edit: October 20, 2015, 10:18:23 pm by penguinofhonor »

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 12, 2008, 08:33:00 pm »

speaking of weird converts:
I just turned a tank. it's hilarious to see a sickly, clumsy, socially inept naked guy take on hordes of SWAT officers (I imagine him as being a sort of mini-transformer)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 12, 2008, 11:56:00 pm »

I was so waiting for that to be done.

mainiac

• Bay Watcher
  • Na vazeal kwah-kai
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 13, 2008, 12:30:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by a1s:
<STRONG>speaking of weird converts:
I just turned a tank. it's hilarious to see a sickly, clumsy, socially inept naked guy take on hordes of SWAT officers (I imagine him as being a sort of mini-transformer)</STRONG>

Now you just have to recruit a vulcano and a lever and you can break the universe with awesome.

Ancient Babylonian god of RAEG
--------------
[CAN_INTERNET]
[PREFSTRING:google]
"Don't tell me what you value. Show me your budget and I will tell you what you value"
« Last Edit: February 10, 1988, 03:27:23 pm by UR MOM »
mainiac is always a little sarcastic, at least.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2008, 01:30:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by a1s:
<STRONG>speaking of weird converts:
I just turned a tank. it's hilarious to see a sickly, clumsy, socially inept naked guy take on hordes of SWAT officers (I imagine him as being a sort of mini-transformer)</STRONG>

Holy crap, where did you find a tank that wasn't trying to kill you?

You've got to back up that save file and upload it!

[ June 14, 2008: Message edited by: Ioric Kittencuddler ]

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2008, 09:16:00 am »

the tank was trying to kill me... at first.
I just gave it a liberal concert. which by the way was too easy: I had trained up my entire action squad (6 liberals!) to be good musicians (to the tune of 15 points of music) and the *fish* thing just turned after the first song.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Ioric Kittencuddler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2008, 01:34:00 pm »

Save file!  Want the save file!!  Must have it!!!  My Precious!!!!

Pages: [1] 2