Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Repair missing facial features  (Read 1098 times)

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Repair missing facial features
« on: March 17, 2008, 03:26:00 pm »

One of my main characters lost a nose in a gunfight. I hear this caps charisma, which isn't good she was my main speaker. Any way to fix this?

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Repair missing facial features
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2008, 03:44:00 pm »

there is no way to fix that yet.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

AlanL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2008, 04:18:00 pm »

Dang. I might as well make the suggestion to have an option to have surgery to fix that at the university hospital then (of course, it would cost).

Iskander

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2008, 06:14:00 pm »

Ooh, you could have the option of undergoing ridiculously expensive plastic surgery to alter your facial features (and fingerprints, why not) to disperse heat, which would be great for fugitives.

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2008, 09:01:00 pm »

I was actually thinking of the idea myself of replacing lost features... why not organs? Price and downtime would drastically vary on the organ being replaced... and perhaps sleeper doctors could come into act here somehow (bumping them up on the transplant list, for example)

At the very least, you could have fake teeth, an eyepatch to restore lost Charisma from losing an eye, plastic surgery for nose... perhaps prosthetics could allow you to regain a bit of agility, and charisma....

Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

BDR

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2008, 01:04:00 am »

This actually reminds me of a problem I ran into myself in the Toady version.  A man I sent out intentionally on a suicide mission got his spinal cord broken (which is a bit !-tastic by itself) during a fight with one of the 'normal' unarmed citizens, and ended up back at base after falling over.  This wasn't too big a hassle since I only cared to have him for his computer expertise, and so he spent his days searching the polls.  Then one day, I needed to send my leader away to avoid the police raid.  The guy with the broken spinal cord couldn't come with (since the game told me to buy a wheelchair).  The cops come to the location, and attempt to raid it.  I try to give up, but the game wouldn't let me do it, and I also figured I couldn't engage for the same reason I couldn't get him out of the homeless shelter in the first place.  Why my leader couldn't have just carried him out of there is a mystery to me, but more importantly: Is it possible to buy a wheelchair?   ;)
A HREF="http://www.bay12games.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=12&t=000218">A Kobold''s Quest

A Kobold''s Quest II

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2008, 02:00:00 am »

if I remember correctly- wheelchairs are free, but you have to spend a day getting one.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.