Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [40c] Engraving with nameless subject produces grammatical error.  (Read 744 times)

corvvs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[40c] Engraving with nameless subject produces grammatical error.
« on: September 19, 2008, 09:35:15 am »

'Engraved on the wall is an exceptionally designed image of  the mule and Stosbub Feedplague the goblin by Cilob Amnomal.  Is making a plaintive gesture. Stosbub Feedplague is laughing. The artwork relates to the killing of  the mule by the goblin Stosbub Feedplague in Orbmine in the early spring of 206 during Kok Saspsus, "The Assaults of Fierceness".'

Also I was always taught that that final period should be inside the quotation marks, but that's definitely inconsequential compared to the problem with the missing name. :)

Edit: By the way, that engraving is actually on the floor in the middle of the antechamber for a noble's tomb, but the description says "on the wall" even though it's not near a wall at all...
« Last Edit: September 19, 2008, 09:39:48 am by corvvs »

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [40c] Engraving with nameless subject produces grammatical error.
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 01:30:14 pm »

On a related issue, is it normal for butchered dogs to get engravings? I have loads of "  the dog is being struck down" on the walls.

Star Weaver

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2008, 12:39:59 am »

Huh, I wonder if this is a mule that pulled a wagon. I know the wagons get this glitch if they show up in history.

Oh, and the period thing; period outside "the quotes". This is a british typography, i belive. Though I came up with it on my own, possibly because I grew up learning coding ^_^

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2008, 04:37:29 am »

Bug 18 refers to the legends here, so I'll fold in artwork as well.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!