Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Things to ponder  (Read 707 times)

Teraleth

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Things to ponder
« on: March 19, 2008, 10:58:00 pm »

1. Why is it that in the activity select screen when you're at the Liberal Guardian HQ, you can press 'w' and bring up a list of things to write about (even though the option isn't listed)?

2. Is a single, solitary man (the founder) supposed to be able to influence the entire country and turn the President, VP, Secretary of State, Attorney General, Supreme Court, and House of Representatives Elite Liberal (Haven't managed to budge the Senate from Liberal to Elite Liberal yet)?

3. Furthermore, is said founder supposed to be able to do the above starting with - only enough street sense to avoid arrest, and 5 art? I managed to turn the country Elite Liberal by spamming 'Spray Graffiti' underneath Liberal Activism and just holding down 'w' as the years flew by. That's some powerful graffiti (my top skill is now Art at 42, by the way).

4. 31 security (from unlocking things), 30 stealth, and 29 disguise (those two from holding 's' down in the gentlemen's club with an expensive suit on) lets me infiltrate any building I want to and avoid fighting altogether. If the conservatives are alarmed, 27 Charisma and 24 persuasion deals with it nicely (Mostly 'e' founder). So I can infiltrate all the high-security buildings, like the Intelligence HQ and such, and not have to worry at all. So long as I move fast enough as to not raise an alarm and only suspicion, I could do it naked (28 stealth).

5. May be just oversight on my part, but how are you supposed to specifically target some issues to counter the negative effects of random events like newspapers that move the country away from Liberalism? Rely on your own random activism? (ie. Abortion, Death Penalty, Homosexuality, Free Speech, Flag Burning, Gun Control)

6. The political system is moves extremely slowly. The country has been Elite Liberal on every subject for at least fifty years now. Don't have much left to do except wait for the Senate to finish converting to Elite Liberal, which I expect will take at least 10 more years as it barely moves each time.

7. Either I'm really bad at it, or there's no way to quickly enlighten someone to act as a sleeper without pounding the life out of him and then trying to boost his morale. Then, if you fail to catch the deadline, you're stuck with someone with low Heart. The only way (that I can see) to have convert someone to a Liberal with high heart is to leave the values at default (restrained, given food+water, lights on) and just try to convert them every time without drugs, violence, or deprivation from anything.

8. You nearly never see the amount of respect the Liberal Crime Squad has when polling. I see it once in about 100 polls. It'd be useful to know about the LCS's status more often.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Things to ponder
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 12:45:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Teraleth:
<STRONG>3. Furthermore, is said founder supposed to be able to do the above starting with - only enough street sense to avoid arrest, and 5 art? I managed to turn the country Elite Liberal by spamming 'Spray Graffiti' underneath Liberal Activism and just holding down 'w' as the years flew by. That's some powerful graffiti (my top skill is now Art at 42, by the way).</STRONG>

With no sleeper judge from character creation?  That's awesome!

Woops!  Quoted point #2 instead of #3.

[ March 20, 2008: Message edited by: Earthquake Damage ]

Iskander

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2008, 06:27:00 pm »

I rather like being able to break the game and make my leader some kind of master of disguise and stealth. It's like Thief in rogue-like form.

I managed to increase my music skill from nothing to somewhere in the mid-20s in one move by attacking an office manager with my guitar. My agility was so high that he couldn't hit me, and I just held down the attack button for like, ten minutes. Just imagining the visual of my guy just playing on his guitar and singing while calmly sidestepping some businessman's repeated barrage of punches and kicks really cracks me up.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 25, 2008, 01:19:00 am »

quote:
Originally posted by Iskander:
<STRONG>Thief in rogue-like form</STRONG>

This must be made.  It would be perfection.