Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 57

Author Topic: Back to the dwarf game...  (Read 187667 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Back to the dwarf game...
« Reply #135 on: December 09, 2004, 04:51:00 am »

The dwarves can ferment almost all of the plant life you can find.  So far there are 12 different types of alcohol (3 or 4 wines), and there will doubtless be more.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 09, 2004, 05:22:00 am »

will particularly irate dwarves be possible to convert into berserkers?

of course, it'd be dangerous to have such dwarves around, as someone looks at them funny or sits at their table and you'd have a bloodbath.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 09, 2004, 02:54:00 pm »

It already happens...  but the bloodbath happens regardless of what anyone else does.  They throw tantrums first, so there's time to help them out.  Sometimes they become depressed and drown themselves or thrown off their clothes and run around randomly instead.

Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • From a time before a time before time
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 09, 2004, 03:17:00 pm »

So can you have psychologist dwarves wandering around, saying inspirational words?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 09, 2004, 03:28:00 pm »

You help them by making more things for them to acquire, giving them rooms and letting them work more.  Stuff like that.

Although there are philosopher dwarves.  Their role hasn't been fleshed out yet, but that's kind of like real life.

Silleh Boy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 09, 2004, 05:20:00 pm »

can the two happen at the same time, so we get violent, naked dwarves running about?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 10, 2004, 01:49:00 am »

I don't think the berserk people take off their clothes, actually.  Oh well.

I'm going for 1104 tonight.  Let's see if I can make it.

« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2004, 02:49:00 am »

Ummmm... I think ya kinda went overboard with the booze... I mean, the max types of booze I've seen in any other game is 3 kinds, and that was covering 3 entire teams.

12 kinds ey? Is there any Bjork Booze? Bush Booze? Grass Booze? Actually, come to think of it, does the dwarves also make tobacco for their pipes? or other stuff for the pipes? Oh! I got an idea for the most powerful (and expensive) drug the dwarves can make. The main ingridient is the fungus harvested from between the toes of the Elder Black Dragons! You do have several types/sizes of dragons?

The Rabid Lunatic Non Naked Berserker Rabid Ale Donkey Has Spoken.

here is no good or evil, there is only power and those to weak... Who the hell wrote this script! BAH! I''m going to my trailer. *walks off*

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2004, 03:54:00 am »

I just got to 1087.  Woot.

Tolk was heavy into having his critters smoking, so I've thought about it a bit.  I think it should probably be a trade good that the dwarves get from hobbits via humans.  Then, like alcohol, you'll need to keep your supplies up to support the vices of your community.  Dwarves might make their own pipes, or import them too perhaps.

Dragons are fairly boring now, but they are slated to be improved ~1000, and also in the lower numbers.

Aquillion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2004, 04:20:00 am »

When you said 'hobbits' there, you meant "short hairy-toed humanoids whose name happens to begin with an 'h' but has no direct literary source whatsoever," right?  Because I've heard the Tolkien estate is pretty touchy about that.

Balrogs, too.

[ December 11, 2004: Message edited by: Aquillion ]

We don't want another cheap fantasy universe, we want a cheap fantasy universe generator. --Toady One

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2004, 06:54:00 am »

Yeah, gnomes and Satan.

Thanks for bringing that up by the way, I wasn't being appropriately mindful.

[ December 11, 2004: Message edited by: Toady One ]

« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2004, 04:09:00 pm »

Copyrights... PFFFT! Just go sue them for using paranormal abilities to predict the future and the game you are coding atm, then choose the names of the creatures you was gonna use, all in an attempt to both sue you and to make your product less valuable, meaning you wont get hired by blizzard which in turn will make sure that you don't help code Warcraft V, which in turn removes strategic lessons for all the youngsters out there making the AI's plan for world domination MUCH easier to pull off... Or the pizza I just ate was past the expiration date...
here is no good or evil, there is only power and those to weak... Who the hell wrote this script! BAH! I''m going to my trailer. *walks off*

Captain_Action

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 11, 2004, 09:57:00 pm »

Will dwarves be able to plant any type of grass, bush, tree, fungi?

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 11, 2004, 10:09:00 pm »

The dwarves grow cave-y plants inside by the river when it floods (kind of a weird indoors flood-plain set up).  Growing outdoors seemed out of character.  They can still forage for food outside if they are starving, but it's not likely to please them.  They can trade for above ground plant products.

Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • From a time before a time before time
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 11, 2004, 11:36:00 pm »

You said the dwarves could ferment almost any type of plant life.  What plant could the dwarves possibly not ferment!?
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 57