Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: If you could have one SMALL thing in DF...  (Read 6749 times)

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
Re: If you could have one SMALL thing in DF...
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 09:35:06 am »

an order:
mine and don't care if it is dump. (maybe i am fustrated about digging sub-lake soils yesterday,but it is really annoying thing.)
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Appelgren

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 09:35:32 am »

A nice little thing that I would like a lot would be the ability to give military dwarves daggers and whips.
I just changed my vote.

I want to equip some sadistic recruit cheesemaker with a scourge and leave it with a naked, injured goblin.

I'd like the sadistic cheesemaker to go fetch the scourge himself and whip the goblin without me telling him to.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 12:10:07 pm »

Mine veins. Is that a small change? It is what grinds the most.

tigrex

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2008, 02:07:43 pm »

Some kind of option to tell tanners to drop everything the second a tanning job is issued.  I kept my tanner's hauling off, and he still is off eating/drinking/sleeping/on break/at party at the precise second that a raw skin is produced.

While I'm at it, and option to make all dwarves attempt a certain job even if it isn't in their labor skill.  (In the same way that everyone currently chips in to harvest and transport trade goods to depot.)  Or at least a master job allocation screen where you could see all allowed jobs on every dwarf at once and coordinate quickly.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 12:06:00 pm by tigrex »

Jamini

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2008, 02:16:11 pm »

The ability to fastforward the world.

Like, Resume historygen, but after you retire an adventurer. fortress.

Throw in making player-made forts into lasting sites and you have me sold.
Tales to remember from Bay12:
http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=41896.0

GENERATION -23:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and subtract 1 from the generation. Social experiment.

LegacyCWAL

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2008, 02:25:19 pm »

Some kind of option to tell tanners to drop everything the second a tanning job is issued.  I kept my tanner's hauling off, and he still is off eating/drinking/sleeping/on break/at party at the precise second that a raw skin is produced.

While I'm at it, and option to make all dwarves attempt a certain job even if it isn't in their labor skill.  (Like everyone chips in to harvest and transport trade goods to depot.)  Or at least a master job allocation screen where you could see all allowed jobs on every dwarf at once and coordinate quickly.
There's already an "everybody harvest" option in the options menu.
HIDE THE WOMEN AND DROWN THE CHILDREN, THE BARON HAS ARRIVED.

thepuska

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2008, 02:43:47 pm »

Shift + arrow keys to work with mass constructions like they do with designations (jump 11 tiles).

Bromor Neckbeard

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2008, 04:18:13 pm »

To be able to choose what stone or wood to make crafts out of just as I can with constructions.

Skizelo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 24, 2008, 04:37:32 pm »

While I'm at it, and option to make all dwarves attempt a certain job even if it isn't in their labor skill.  (Like everyone chips in to harvest and transport trade goods to depot.)  Or at least a master job allocation screen where you could see all allowed jobs on every dwarf at once and coordinate quickly.
There's already an "everybody harvest" option in the options menu.
And bringing items to the depot is, like deconstructing walls, free for all.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 24, 2008, 04:57:34 pm »

The old cave-in system. [or an improved version of it -> material dependant cave-ins]...well if this is a "small thing".. ;D

Pilsu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 24, 2008, 07:57:42 pm »

The old cave-in system. [or an improved version of it -> material dependant cave-ins]...well if this is a "small thing".. ;D

2D version didn't have magma pipes or pools. They'd immediately collapse under such rules

Pyro93735

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: September 24, 2008, 11:48:35 pm »

If there's one small thing I'd like, it's for the warning messages for digging in damp and warm areas to be limited to just one per natural phenomenon - if I'm digging near a magma pipe, sure, I'd like one warning that I'm hitting warm stone so that then I can zoom to it and more carefully dig it out without killing everybody, maybe once per z-level, but getting spammed to death by messages about a danger I've already noted isn't keeping my dwarves any safer.

JujuBubu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 25, 2008, 02:19:46 am »

the ability to turn off the free for all designations for some dwarves.

I don't want half of my fortess to run from doing a vital job just to remove those 20 walls.

Tormy

• Bay Watcher
  • I shall not pass?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 25, 2008, 03:19:26 pm »

2D version didn't have magma pipes or pools. They'd immediately collapse under such rules

Hm....true...but again, the current method is not realistic at all. Okay I dont want to derail the thread.  :D

Rooster

• Bay Watcher
  • For Chaos!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2008, 07:45:44 am »

My vote is for megabeasts arriving more frequently
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6