Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]

Author Topic: The forum is changing in a bad way?  (Read 8801 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The forum is changing in a bad way?
« Reply #121 on: October 02, 2008, 11:29:47 pm »

Well, forums do change over time and ebb and flow.

The best way to get the forum back from Trolls I guess would be to set an example...

After that I am not sure as to what to do... A lot, alright sometimes, of the time Trolls are just people who need a nudge here and there that they are being jerks (without calling them a jerk).

dreiche2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The forum is changing in a bad way?
« Reply #122 on: October 03, 2008, 07:33:22 am »

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=25686.0

So one guy behaves badly, Toady steps in, story's over. Where's the big issue?

Now, that there are more people behaving badly just comes with probability when the forum community grows. So unless you want to actively keep it small (you can't), that's just the way it goes. However, I don't see where the forum is getting worse so much that people should be worried.

However, if you do worry, then in my opinion the best counter measure is to stay nice and calm, or actively become nicer and calmer... IMO it's the overall spirit that matters, not if there are single people behaving badly from time to time. Instead of arguing about it, set a good example.

For instance, IMO the "3rd party interfaces" thread we had weeks or months ago is an example for bad spirit, because a huge hostile argument was created over a suggestion made without bad intentions, where even the regulars where shouting at each other all the time. The thread linked above however, again, is just one guy being way to rude, but that's pretty obvious and people should just ignore it and wait for Toady to sort it out if necessary (like he did).
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9]