Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: The forum is changing in a bad way?  (Read 8871 times)

Aqizzar

• Bay Watcher
  • There is no 'U'.
    • View Profile
Re: The forum is changing in a bad way?
« Reply #90 on: September 29, 2008, 05:09:40 pm »

I'm so elite I must reply.  The ancient laws of Internet Kombat demand nothing less.  I have an avatar, and it's an obscure video game reference to boot.  Ergo ipso facto I am the most e-elite of all.
And here is where my beef pops up like a looming awkward boner.
Please amplify your relaxed states.
Quote from: PTTG??
The ancients built these quote pyramids to forever store vast quantities of rage.

Jifodus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Lurker
    • View Profile
    • Dwarf Fortress Projects
« Reply #91 on: September 29, 2008, 05:29:48 pm »

So basically Ive created a topic -in what I wanted to see the opinion of the older users- and mostly newer users are replying, and that is pointless.
I don't post a lot, because I've stopped reading most threads.

I've stopped reading most threads, because find most of the time it's garbage and a waste of my time.

In fact, the last 4 or 5 posts before mine are the main reason I've stopped reading these garbage threads.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: September 29, 2008, 06:34:44 pm »

You're right, Jifodus. How dare they make jokes like that. Awful.

gimli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: September 29, 2008, 07:08:41 pm »

So basically Ive created a topic -in what I wanted to see the opinion of the older users- and mostly newer users are replying, and that is pointless.

I've stopped reading most threads, because find most of the time it's garbage and a waste of my time.

In fact, the last 4 or 5 posts before mine are the main reason I've stopped reading these garbage threads.

Same here, but I don't even play becuse I am waiting for the Army Arc for months now. My brother plays a lot still with this decent game.
/flame
I must say, that the forum's maturity level and overall quality has been dropped a LOT in the last year. It looks like that small kids started to flood this forum with their immature garbage. Call me an elitist or anything what you want, but at least I don't enjoy reading retarded and childish posts, and I am not even a professor with 200 IQ.
/flame_off

cowofdoom78963

• Bay Watcher
  • check
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: September 29, 2008, 07:35:54 pm »

I just hope this forum wont grow some sort of rigid hierarchy with things like advanced users.

Becuase that would be just a bunch of poopie.

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: September 29, 2008, 08:37:35 pm »

Same here, but I don't even play becuse I am waiting for the Army Arc for months now. My brother plays a lot still with this decent game.
/flame
I must say, that the forum's maturity level and overall quality has been dropped a LOT in the last year. It looks like that small kids started to flood this forum with their immature garbage. Call me an elitist or anything what you want, but at least I don't enjoy reading retarded and childish posts, and I am not even a professor with 200 IQ.
/flame_off

If the forums didn't have some degree of light humor, I wouldn't like it here. It has been a degradation in quality, but a slight shift in atmosphere.
I don't exactly have time to make the dwarf version of 'A Modest Proposal' as some people or other actually mature pieces of humor.

It's the flood of stupid questions and suggestions that bug me. As well as the occasional poster with no sense of punctuation.

brainfire

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: September 29, 2008, 09:24:58 pm »

Methinks this thread is actually more frustrating and "bad" than the "bad" threads.

Welcome to the world about posting about posting.

Now, posting about posting about posting is okay, but only if you say it's bad (the posting I mean).
You can allow or stop your dwarves from eating these mushrooms, but it's entirely optional and doesn't turn Dwarf Fortress into Dwarf hookah-smoking pad.

Spoggerific

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: September 29, 2008, 09:33:40 pm »

Methinks this thread is actually more frustrating and "bad" than the "bad" threads.

Welcome to the world about posting about posting.

Now, posting about posting about posting is okay, but only if you say it's bad (the posting I mean).
Wow. How meta. In fact, how meta-meta. Not quite meta-meta-meta, though, and that's a good thing.

I think I've confused myself.

Glacies

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: September 30, 2008, 01:17:12 am »

If we're all going to start spamming off topic nonsense in here, dya think you guys can let this one sink into the murk of obscurity and post nonsense in Tibbles' threads? Thanks.

It's just ever so slightly amusing that half the people here are complaining about off-topic humor and spam, and the other half is trying to be funny and spammish. Well, they're not trying to be spammish as such, it's just that half of what they say isn't funny.

McDoomhammer

• Bay Watcher
  • Uses: Ore of irony
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: September 30, 2008, 03:14:45 am »

I'm afraid it happens, and it happens everywhere.  Forums and communities online have a life-span, and great as they are it's never anything more than a matter of time until they become something else.  I've seen it before, and it will always happen.  But new, vibrant, good communities will always spring up too, even if we as individuals don't see all of them.

It's just hard, when it's your first community and you feel connected to the people in it.  I've learned that the hard way, too.
"KILL, KILL, KILL! NOTHING SHALL STAND BETWEEN US AND THE CEREAL BAR!"
-The Violent Council of Breakfast

Footkerchief

• Bay Watcher
  • The Juffo-Wup is strong in this place.
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: September 30, 2008, 03:53:12 am »

Yeah the types who parrot each other aren't funny but it's easier to cope with if you just treat this as a place to learn about DF rather than a place to have quality discussion

Eater of Vermin

• Bay Watcher
  • [VERMIN_EATER]
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: September 30, 2008, 04:05:00 am »

...or as a place to learn about the members of the DF community.  It's surprising what you can learn about someone when they're on a soap-box.  (And I dinnae mean by lookin' up their kilts!)

Personally I rather like the chaotic feel to this place.  (But don't anyone dare try to take my hair back!  GRRR!)
Dances with Kobolds

(Mamba in the Magma...  one, two, char-char-char!)

Torak

• Bay Watcher
  • God of Gods of Blood.
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: September 30, 2008, 08:19:14 am »

I'm loving how half of you are bitching about bitching about people who try to be funny and in turn bitch about people who try to be funny.

It's all just so contradictory, all of you are hypocrites.
As you journey to the center of the world, feel free to read the death announcements of those dwarves that suffer your neglect.

One billion b-balls dribbling simultaneously throughout the galaxy. One trillion b-balls being slam dunked through a hoop throughout the cosmos. I can feel every single b-ball that has ever existed at my fingertips, I can feel their collective knowledge channeling through my veins. Every jumpshot, every rebound and three-pointer, every layup, dunk and free throw.

Duke 2.0

• Bay Watcher
  • [CONQUISTADOR:BIRD]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: September 30, 2008, 08:25:35 am »

I'm loving how half of you are bitching about bitching about people who try to be funny and in turn bitch about people who try to be funny.

It's all just so contradictory, all of you are hypocrites.

I... I just had a flashback of Gaia.

Gaian: This is the GCD! That is off topic! Mods, ban hiiiiim! Whats that? That was not on-topic!
 Gaian2: Man, all these complainers suck.
 Gaian3: You hypocrite, you just complained!
 Gaiain4: You did too!
 Gaian2: So did you!

Some threads reached HUNDREDS of pages of that. Only they were able to stretch it to several paragraphs each.

And remember people, this place is chill. Something makes you non-chill? Don't post what you want to post. That would just make things, dare I say it, hot. Which is defiantly not chill.

Duuuuuude.
Buck up friendo, we're all on the level here.
I would bet money Andrew has edited things retroactively, except I can't prove anything because it was edited retroactively.
MIERDO MILLAS DE VIBORAS FURIOSAS PARA ESTRANGULARTE MUERTO

Kogan Loloklam

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm suffering from an acute case of Hominini Terravitae Biologis. Keep your distance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: September 30, 2008, 09:50:59 am »

i think YOU are HOT, Duke 2.0

;) I'd like to learn who is considered "Role model" in the forums. Consider it a popularity contest. it can be found where it belongs, in various nonsense.

http://www.bay12games.com/forum/index.php?topic=25580.0
... if someone dies TOUGH LUCK. YOU SHOULD HAVE PAYED ATTENTION DURING ALL THE DAMNED DODGING DEMONSTRATIONS!
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9