Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: elite/legendary fighters and profile tab with [v]iew  (Read 1290 times)

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
elite/legendary fighters and profile tab with [v]iew
« on: September 23, 2008, 12:28:10 pm »

well it may be a suggestion, but for me its more of a bug:
once a dwarf got elite status in his fighting scheme, he get the "this hero dont have to work" in the profile tab. maybe it is so you cant change labor and deactivate their squad.

but i think its a bug that i cant assign my hammerlords some war dogs, or put a champion into the fortress guard, nor even i have to change weapon/armour setting in the military screen because its gone in the profile tab.

User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

Psitticine

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: elite/legendary fighters and profile tab with [v]iew
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2008, 01:19:39 pm »

I don't know about assignment to the guard (although if you can't assign them to the guard, why are they staying in the guard?) but I definitely agree on not being to manage war dogs and equipment.

webadict

• Bay Watcher
  • Former King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2008, 03:06:24 pm »

But it's so much work to take care of those dogs...

MMad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2008, 07:41:42 pm »

Never really noticed before (I hate managing the military and try to avoid it in general) but this does sound like an important missing feature or unintended consequence, or perhaps even a bug.
"Ask not what your fortress can do for you - ask what you can do for your fortress."
Unapologetic ASCII abolitionist.

Fuzzy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2008, 11:14:31 pm »

Never really noticed before (I hate managing the military and try to avoid it in general) but this does sound like an important missing feature or unintended consequence, or perhaps even a bug.
The assignment of weapons/armor can be done through the Military screen, but I'm with you on the dogs.

Rhenaya

• Bay Watcher
  • Usstan tlun natha hargluk ssinssriggin ilythiiri!
    • View Profile
    • X-Fire Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2008, 12:16:54 pm »

thats what i said with the first line :)
User Profile: http://df.magmawiki.com/index.php/User:Rhenaya
Mods: http://dffd.wimbli.com/who.php?id=554

From "Angroshs Kinder" Das schwarze Auge Zwergenhandbuch - (Angrosh Children, the dark eye, german pen&paper, dwarven handbook):
"Elves!? Their men dont wear beards, and their women bathe nacked to lure you into the water and drown you. Thank Angrosh they are as ugly as the day and all big and skinny."

MMad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2008, 06:26:02 pm »

thats what i said with the first line :)

Quite. :p Brevity was never my strongest skill.
"Ask not what your fortress can do for you - ask what you can do for your fortress."
Unapologetic ASCII abolitionist.