Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Destroying trade depot destroys merchants  (Read 739 times)

Spud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Destroying trade depot destroys merchants
« on: September 26, 2008, 12:58:16 pm »

Thats right, i deconstructed my trade depot whilst the traders were there and they dissappeared. all of their stuff is on the floor though. I also didnt attract any migrants because of this.

Quite odd. There were no wagons, just mules.
I did this because i had another deopt that was accessable to wagons so i destroyed the other one so everyone would go to the new one.

Now i got a bunch of free stuff, and the merchants who lived wont unload their stuff again
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 01:02:03 pm by Spud »
I hate it when people answer "whats going on" with "not too much".
Plenty of shit is going on and you know it. Spill motherfucker.

Draco18s

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Destroying trade depot destroys merchants
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2008, 02:10:26 pm »

It's not free* and likely not a bug.

*You lost some relation points with that civ, too much more of that and they'll stop coming

MMad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2008, 03:51:07 pm »

Perhaps not a bug per se, but it's not working very well in the current stage - it doesn't really make sense for one thing (can't them elves pack their stuff and leave without a depot, if need be?), and it's pretty confusing for player without an explicit explanation. Like the very existance of this thread is proof of.
"Ask not what your fortress can do for you - ask what you can do for your fortress."
Unapologetic ASCII abolitionist.

Spud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 05:21:19 pm »

I consider it a bug, as there was no trace of bodies or anything. They simply disappeared. If they were killed or left corpses or something, i would not care, but the fact that both the traders and the mules disappeared into thin air.

MMad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2008, 06:23:37 pm »

I consider it a bug, as there was no trace of bodies or anything. They simply disappeared. If they were killed or left corpses or something, i would not care, but the fact that both the traders and the mules disappeared into thin air.

Are you totally sure of this? What usually happens, iirc, is that the merchants simply leave with their wagons and stuff as soon as the depot is deconstructed, they don't wait to pack or anything - since they leave everything behind - and you get no particular message about it. Are you sure they didn't just sneak off while you weren't looking?
"Ask not what your fortress can do for you - ask what you can do for your fortress."
Unapologetic ASCII abolitionist.

Spud

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2008, 12:20:08 pm »

That may have been it. There were 2 merchants but i assumed they were different ones.

Nonetheless, they should pack up their stuff