Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: How did that thing do that...?  (Read 4471 times)

Doomshifter

• Bay Watcher
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
Re: How did that thing do that...?
« Reply #15 on: February 28, 2010, 10:26:18 pm »

The only time I seem to find creatures holding stuff in their mouths is when they've bitten away a body part or chunk.
Add me on PesterChum! My chumhandle is doomedHermit.
Right now Rampages seem to be Godzilla quietly walking into Tokyo, biting the leg off of one reporter... then creeping off again without a sound.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: How did that thing do that...?
« Reply #16 on: March 01, 2010, 03:04:03 am »

I don't know how many times I've seen horses pull arrows out of themselves during their various rampages. In fact, I once had a fortress collapse into a tantrum spiral (I just abandoned after the fun) and then, when I went back I found a horse wielding an artifact pick that one of my legendary miners had been using. I'm not sure how or why, but the best I can guess is that the horse was from a caravan or something so it didn't die when the fortress ended. How exactly it got hold of the pick I don't know but shortly after I found it it used the pick to bludgeon a random dwarf that was just standing around.

All in all, very odd.
Did you do some wacky modding? Because the horse doesn't have a [GRASP] token on any of its bodyparts. It does have a [MOUTH] token on, unsurprisingly, the mouth which might be a [GRASP]-if-there's-no-[GRASP] tag.

I know unmodded horses can pull arrows from themselves, I've seen that in vanilla. Its entirely possible that one of the mods I had effected horses in some weird way but I'm betting more on some odd glich like
Horse gets pick embedded in it
dwarf loses hold of pick
horse does the "remove object from wound" thing but for some reason never drops it

I dunno, this was back in my earlier days of playing which is why it stands out in memory for me.
Pages: 1 [2]