Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 49

Author Topic: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions  (Read 130312 times)

SolarShado

• Bay Watcher
  • Psi-Blade => Your Back
    • View Profile
Re: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions
« Reply #450 on: April 12, 2009, 12:09:59 am »

How is that supposed to work? I really have no idea, so I would be really happy for any suggestions.

I believe it was explained earlier, but here's how i understood it:
  • Join pool.
  • Wait for current turn to be done.
  • Be first to post to claim the next turn.
  • Post when you're done.

And i'm glad this project seems to be reviving!
Avid (rabid?) Linux user. Preferred flavor: Arch

Dragooble

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: April 12, 2009, 12:12:22 am »

i was turned off from this because there are no dwarfs. will modding the humans size to dwarf size fix not being able to wear dwarf armor?
A creature the size of europe can occupy only one tile.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: April 12, 2009, 10:56:44 am »

Will modding the humans size to dwarf size fix not being able to wear dwarf armor?
As far as I know, that should solve the problem.
And about the pool idea: Isn't that how it is right now? Well, not exactly the same, but does it really matter? The pool system would involve one more reply. "I'm joining the pool." and the next one would be "I'm taking the turn." Everyone would be allowed to join the pool, so it really doesn't make sense to even have a pool of players.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: April 12, 2009, 11:34:51 am »

I'll do this as soon as i finish my Ardesfath turn.

(strange how two events ALWAYS coincide.)

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Zaius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: April 13, 2009, 06:07:35 am »

I read through the first 7 pages, but didn't feel like trying for all 31 tonight, so please excuse a quick question.

Has anyone stepped forward to do an atmospheric fortress?
I would love to take a stab at something with huge sweeping halls spanning multiple Z levels, tiny quarters for hundreds of dwarfs with the entire place made of smoothed stone.
If i can grab a place with a chasm i can then dump EVERYTHING [including stone] except for weapons, armour and bones, Meaning the place will look like a battlefield [ala mines of moria] rather than an exploded Kmart [clothes, thread and furniture and leather everywhere]

While this doesn't involve the doomsday devices, demon infestations and trapped mazes that most everyone else is working on, i think it would be good to have a few forts that aren't infused with evil [though an Event Horizon fort would be awesome].

If it is built near a chasm and has enough huge spacious areas a few giant spiders should move in, and i think the lack of mechanical death traps will cause more paranoia than relief.

[also, again apologising if this has been said, a great way for everyone to speed progress on their projects is use something like DTIL in addition to RAW modding. Embark with 30 dwarfs all with picks, armouring and weaponsmithing set to legendary. put them at speed one with all the 'no sleep' and 'no food' tags and you should have everything done in a season, and all of your artifacts should be weapons and armour]

xpCynic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: April 14, 2009, 11:58:56 pm »

Well, if Barbarossa is dropping his turn for now, I'll attempt to take a turn! Hopefully I can find time to work on this. Still working out flaws in the water dungeon design (it takes forever to fill the damn thing up), but if I can work those out it should be doable. And I already found a great site for it when I was fiddling with adventure mode.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: April 16, 2009, 10:44:38 am »

Okay, xpCynic, it's your turn!
Sorry, Barbarossa, but you can have the next one. If you're fast enough. :P

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: April 16, 2009, 09:42:51 pm »

Ardesfath will be done soon... but don't count on it unless i say so, please.

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

xpCynic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: April 17, 2009, 01:55:40 am »

Decided on a good site after much deliberation. By the way, we've passed into The Age of Three Powers, so whoopee for HFS I guess.

Jakkarra

« Reply #459 on: April 17, 2009, 04:26:44 pm »

oh, im still interested, never gots the PM, and ive been at the hospital all last week.

love, jakkarra

RavingManiac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: April 18, 2009, 11:31:03 pm »

I'm interested in joining. I have some good ideas for an adventurer fortress.

Will modding the humans size to dwarf size fix not being able to wear dwarf armor?
As far as I know, that should solve the problem.
And about the pool idea: Isn't that how it is right now? Well, not exactly the same, but does it really matter? The pool system would involve one more reply. "I'm joining the pool." and the next one would be "I'm taking the turn." Everyone would be allowed to join the pool, so it really doesn't make sense to even have a pool of players.
You also need to add the [STOUT] tag to humans (or remove it from the dwarves).

Thief:"Quiet kitty, Qui-"
Cat:"THIEF! Protect the hoard from the skulking filth!"
The resulting party killed 20 dwarves, crippled 2 more and the remaining 9 managed to get along and have a nice party.

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: April 19, 2009, 08:39:15 am »

alternative is yknow, to do human fortresses and leave human equipment lying around. you can do a fully blown dwarf fort, then reclaim as humans, use dwarf companion to give yourself a small number of legendary craftsmen, and churn out a small amount of human sized equipment before you pull out the safety pins for whatever deadly machines of doom you built as the dwarves, then abandon again ready for roaming adventurers.

i like the pool idea. i guess its whoever is dedicated enough to be monitering this thread when whoever finishes their turn posts the files gets to go next.

also, in answer to zais, i only explored the first 3 or so forts, and i havent had a look at the world thats being put together here for ages. but there werent any big atmospheric forts when i went roaming. also, there are no dwarf civs to start dwarf adventurors from. so you cant use the armor and clothing people have been leaving around.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: April 19, 2009, 12:32:26 pm »

When the next release comes out I think that it's vitally important that the new world we generate has a healthy civ diversity
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: April 19, 2009, 12:36:40 pm »

My bad, peeps. It was an oversight on my part.

Anyway, I think the next one should have the civ control tag added to every race.

Zaius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: April 19, 2009, 11:45:41 pm »

Cool, i will start working out my design. The overall idea is to have the fort designed to give an advantage to anything already in the fort. Blind corners, fortifications, altitude based advantages [unfortunately not many creatures have ranged attacks, but the AI can see over ledges] mixed in with multi Z level dining halls and living quarters and tombs for 2 or 3 hundred dwarves. Best case scenario; i can breach a chasm or a underwater river on one of the forts lowest levels.

BTW if you submit to a goblin siege, will any goblins move in? will they loot the place?
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 49