Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 49

Author Topic: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions  (Read 128866 times)

xpCynic

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Combined project - The world of traps and attractions
« Reply #435 on: March 31, 2009, 10:34:28 pm »

ok since im probably gonna skip my turn too (my zest for dwarf fortress is being dulled by 1000 other games and the -10 FPS on my uber fort) i want to let you guys know about my project, and if anyone would plz take it i would be very grateful.

dont just make one large attraction, raise hell....literally.....

make dozens of embark sites everythere there is "other stuff" and dig down without doors to "you know what" and leave. then wait a few years and read the world history, and you might need a few extra arms and adamentine warhammers if you plan on playing adventurer
Wow, this is getting depressing. Why don't we turn the remaining list of players into a player pool right now and do a first-come-first-serve right after MagicJuggler steps up (or not)? This thread is a great idea, but just like the ones before it it's become stagnant.

Anyway, on your idea: I personally have had more than enough HFS (looking at you, Hellgate of Suicide). They're fun, but only in moderation. If the adventurer can't even step off his doorstep without...
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
...then he really won't get to enjoy any attractions, now will he?

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: April 02, 2009, 12:43:46 am »

is it really that hard to kill a demon as an adventurer? your not like the dwarfs in fortress mode who use their children as a battle weapon

Cheshire Cat

• Bay Watcher
  • You Have Struck Turtle Shell!
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: April 02, 2009, 03:04:22 am »

i found the tentacle demons hard but doable one on one, and groups were ok with some decent redshirts. although i had trained legendary throwing so my stats must have been pretty good. frog demons are easier in fort mode, plus they cant grab both your arms, steal your weapon and hit you with it like the tentacle demons with their 8 limbs. spirits of fire may be utterly retarded though, unless you have channels filled with water in every major passageway just so the adventuror can put themselves out after they fight each one. my memories from fort mode is that a champion will chew up a a single SOF then burn to death afterwards, as standing near one is enough to set your clothes alight.

demons do definately make am empty fort more interesting, but if your going to put them in make sure you add some kind of fantastic reward.

perhaps you could get around this by wearing only your armor, or adamantium cloth.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: April 02, 2009, 03:36:26 pm »

perhaps you could get around this by wearing only your armor, or adamantium cloth.

"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
And this is how tinned food was invented.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

LegoLord

• Bay Watcher
  • Can you see it now?
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: April 02, 2009, 05:48:25 pm »

"Oh look there is a dragon my clothes might burn let me take them off and only wear steel plate."
May I sig this?
Alternately: The Brick Testament. It's a really fun look at what the bible would look like if interpreted literally. With Legos.
Just so I remember

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: April 03, 2009, 04:11:51 pm »

Okay, so I didn't write a PM to MagicJuggler, because I really had other things to do. Let's just skip him.
Screw the order! Probably 90 % of the people on the list have already forgotten about this project.
Who wants a turn right now?

I won't be able to get to this forum in the next two weeks, so you should organize it yourselves. The first one to write in this topic that they want a turn gets the turn. Post a reply when you've finished and whoever finished the turn passes the save over to the next person who is interested.
I don't think that a player pool makes much sense because everyone who's interested can get in it. I won't even write down the names until you've finished or skipped the turn.
Let's just delete the whole damn list! I'll write a PM to every player in the list. Let's see who's still interested...

Edit: What the fuck? I don't seem to be able to write a PM to 32 people at once. It just doesn't appear in my "Sent Items" list and it doesn't say that the message has been sent. Why?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 04:30:22 pm by MC Dirty »

Remalle

• Bay Watcher
  • they/them
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: April 03, 2009, 04:57:06 pm »

I'm gonna hold this off until pressure plates work, personally.

Heron TSG

• Bay Watcher
  • The Seal Goddess
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: April 03, 2009, 07:04:06 pm »

I'll take it!

do I just DL the current save and get going or is there a specific process?
« Last Edit: April 03, 2009, 07:06:20 pm by Barbarossa the Seal God »

Est Sularus Oth Mithas
The Artist Formerly Known as Barbarossa TSG

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
« Reply #443 on: April 03, 2009, 10:22:13 pm »

pressure plates don't work with adventurer mode?  I always thought they worked but required you to edit your init file to enable traps .

Pruvan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: April 04, 2009, 03:20:58 am »

pressure plates don't work with adventurer mode?  I always thought they worked but required you to edit your init file to enable traps .

If I had a penny for every time this has been brought up in this thread...
I don't see dicks...  I'd hate to ask people to point them out.

Vlynndar

• Bay Watcher
  • To the skies! All of them!
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: April 04, 2009, 03:10:15 pm »

Legolord, of course. ;D

Mc Dirty, hey, I had that problem around that time as well. But now it works again.
For that viciously bad pun, I'm gonna introduce a NPC named Vlynndar just so that I can kill him of in a cruel and unusual way.
Watermelons are pretty important.

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: April 06, 2009, 03:43:01 pm »

This is a huge thread, I'd rather not go through the whole thing.  Can anyone tell me where I can find some stuff in the map?

EDIT:  Found Hellgate of Suicide.  Serious meatgrinder, man.

EDITEDIT:  Right now I think rhymetraded is the best.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: I died in there.

EDITEDITEDIT:  I think we should start over in a world with dwarves.  There's no point in Adamantium Armor rewards if no one in the world can wear it.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2009, 10:54:47 am by Cthulhu »
Shoes...

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: April 11, 2009, 01:14:20 pm »

@Barbarossa: Nah, just download and start building. I'll update the list in the first post.
And I still can't write a PM to everyone who was interested in the past half year. Why? That's pretty annoying... >:(

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 11, 2009, 01:46:45 pm »

When we do this in the next version, we definitely need to use a pool system.

MC Dirty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 11, 2009, 05:06:15 pm »

How is that supposed to work? I really have no idea, so I would be really happy for any suggestions.
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 49