Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [LCS] Escalating seiges  (Read 742 times)

Snoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[LCS] Escalating seiges
« on: March 29, 2008, 07:23:00 am »

Not sure if this is a feature or a bug.
I've had many seiges now, and I've fought off every one. But of course if you don't move after you fight off a police seige, they come back a few days later with heavier equipment. If you do move, you get a message that the police raided an empty safehouse. Then when they raid the new safehouse they start out with just basic police again. So then I move again.
But then the second raid on the first location has the same escalation as before. I downloaded the source code and determined that there is simply nothing to reset the escalation counter for a given location when the cops raid it if you aren't there.
But as I said at the start. bug or feature?

Maybe if raiding an empty safehouse also removed all the infrastructure as well as reseting the the escalation counter, that would be fair. After all, the safehouse would then potentially appear to be a whole different thing to the police after you put in a new front company, and they wouldn't automatically roll in with police, army, tanks, airforce and assault pioneers to remove tank traps (although it is fun fighting all that off).

Snoman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [LCS] Escalating seiges
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2008, 03:47:00 am »

After I got hold of newest version, I had a look at the code, and as far as I can tell, it should still keep the escalation counter if you leave a location and come back.

Can anyone offer a verdict on whether this is a feature or a bug?

I just think its annoying, as when all the fortified compounds always attract the airforce everytime, there is nothing I can do about it, as far as I can tell.
Well obviously I can fight them off, but it seems like It ought to be possible for things to de-escalate over time somehow.