Advanced search  

Author Topic: Crash  (Read 1697 times)

Beans On Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Help! My cat is on fire!
    • View Profile
Crash
« on: February 15, 2014, 11:11:24 am »

I have this weird thing that happens. I can be playing along all happy and whatnot, but sometimes when I get to elections the game just goes and crashes. It's spoiled two pretty good games. The autosave feature in this game is really good so I always pick up on the last day of the month, right before elections happen again, but the game crashes every time I try to go to the elections. Can anyone tell me what's going on or do I just have to deal with it?
They call me an idiot. Well... they're right.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
Re: Crash
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2014, 11:41:41 am »

When LCS keeps crashing whenever you move to the next day (whether that day is elections, a siege, or anything), you can sometimes fix it by doing something different on the current day.  So if you went on a site action and the next day crashes, try not going on a site action.  If you didn't go on a site action and the next day crashes, try going on one.  Also try changing up everyone's activity.

Beans On Toast

• Bay Watcher
  • Help! My cat is on fire!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2014, 12:05:08 pm »

I tried a bunch of things but it didn't work.
They call me an idiot. Well... they're right.

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2014, 02:22:07 pm »

Did you try disbanding and waiting through the elections? I'm pretty sure I remember getting around it that way, albeit barely.

Equinox

• Bay Watcher
  • The end is near for us all.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2014, 08:04:36 am »

I've had an issue like that before.  I got the elections and the voting to loop and sadly the conservatives (literally...) flooded the scene with their lies.

This happens if the prisons issue comes up as a ballot measure. It'll be fixed next version. Load your save again and continue; the game should be playable as long as it doesn't come up again.
^was in response to someone saying they got a crash in the older version which sounds like what you got.

All my issues were fixed when I updated to the newer version, so seeing as you've gotten this now, I presume you're not on the beta (or well the newer versions anyway)? If you are, I have no idea what could fix it. You didn't say what version you're on so it's hard to tell.

Trying to drastically change what happens in the elections in the day you've got is probably near impossible, but that seems to be the only way to change things. Of course trying different things on that day might solve it too. I hope you've successfully done it by now.
"They say the flapping wings of a single butterfly can stir a wind on the other side of the world. Ever wonder what impact your little bat wings have on this world?"

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2014, 02:10:18 pm »

Downloading the beta then putting the save from your current version into the beta might work.  Use a copy of your current save just in case.