Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9

Author Topic: You are sentenced to..  (Read 32111 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are sentenced to..
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2008, 07:27:41 am »

Leadership.

Ah, long-held and deeply cherished misconception, how I shall miss ye...
« Last Edit: October 07, 2008, 03:46:39 pm by E. Albright »

Cosmonot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2008, 11:28:44 am »

Yeah, I've found that if my leader gets captured, every other liberal goes into hiding.  Once he gets executed, they never have the conviction to lead.  Do they need a leadership skill or is it just juice that determines if they can take over?

They need juice. Leadership helps but is not essential.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Kobolds carry copper crossbows.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2008, 12:11:22 pm »

Note they also need to be reporting directly to the founder (second level of the organization) at the time of the founder's death. Arrest will just cause 'temporary' lost contact. Thus, currently, long prison terms can be much more devastating to the LCS than martyrdom for your founder. Note also that when people are losing contact, if someone in the chain of command permanently leaves the LCS when they lose contact (rather than going into hiding until their contact is available again), then everyone under them is lost as well -- thus, it's not good to have valuable, high juice liberals reporting to nobodies that are likely to abandon the LCS if they lose contact, since the subordinate's juice may not ever be an issue.

Sithlordz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2008, 02:27:29 pm »

Huh.  They all have 1000 juice and are all in the same squad as my leader so I'd assume they had pretty close ties with him.  Maybe since they all go into hiding for whatever reason after my leader gets arrested. 
You are sentenced to 2477 consecutive life terms.  Have a nice day.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2008, 10:42:32 pm »

Which is why in a smart system they never execute the leaders of a plot. Pretty realistic if you ask me.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Axe27

• Bay Watcher
  • Put down the crossbow
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 14, 2008, 06:48:01 pm »

I had the homeless shelter get raided, and one of my sweat shop workers was there hanging out, and gets busted. So, I give him up to the police (A sweatshop worker), and he goes and gets a trail.

The charge: Resisting arrest.

Defended himself.

The Verdict: GUILTY!!!!

The Sentence: DEATH!!!

It was so full of phail I had to let him die.
And thus did the dream of dwarven antigravity fade away, not with a massive explosion or a flood of magma, but with a whimper.

I'm going to be depressed all day now.

Yanlin

• Bay Watcher
  • Legendary comedian.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 14, 2008, 01:36:00 pm »

I had the homeless shelter get raided, and one of my sweat shop workers was there hanging out, and gets busted. So, I give him up to the police (A sweatshop worker), and he goes and gets a trail.

Defended himself.

Sheesh... I didn't know the game was based around 1100.
WE NEED A SLOGAN!

vagel7

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 17, 2008, 11:14:30 am »

lol i once raided the conservant HQ.everybodie got killed exept my founder,the guy got shot in the head but only lost a eye(talk about being tough).

anyway when he got arrested he was sentenced to death.

i even had half of the jury,the judge as sleepers and the founder had 10 law.

TRAITORS!!!!
That last gobbo would stand there, missing an arm, punctured in a kidney, liver, and spleen, fading in and out of consciousness at the far end of where the drawbridge would go, and his last sight would be the drawbridge dropping down and smashing him like a bug.

God DAMN I love this game!

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 17, 2008, 12:11:19 pm »

It is probably a form of class warfare

Living in the fancy appartments probably should help you in the law department despite making no practical sense it is unfortunately true.

Just look at the times people tried to make being homeless illegal (or effectively being homeless means you go to jail)

Jetman123

• Bay Watcher
  • !!Bauxite Turbojet!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2008, 01:39:43 pm »

Which is why in a smart system they never execute the leaders of a plot. Pretty realistic if you ask me.

Well, a lot of effort in big affairs like this is put towards making sure the ones you have in custody don't become martyrs, which would just fill your enemies with conviction. It's a smart political move.
When dwarves want to commit suicide, then by Armok, they _will_ commit suicide, even if they have to spend the rest of their lives working at it!

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 18, 2008, 12:02:13 am »

So I just accidentally pushed g instead of f when the police sieged my main fortress which was going great. 86 people in jail having survived about 50 + sieges and have been hacking for years. A couple newer people ratted me out but still there are still about 80 people about to stand trial. I'll report any good sentences here.

Edit: About halfway through and the judge is starting to get mad. Person with 711 murders only got 1 life sentence while most of the people now with only 100 felony assualt charges are getting death.

Edit2: A former judge defended himself against 100 murders just got 29857 life sentences even with a secret hand sign from the jury.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2008, 12:19:31 am by beorn080 »
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 18, 2008, 02:05:16 am »

Defended himself.

I thought sweatshop workers got deported before trial, due to being illegal citizens and all.  Perhaps not all sweatshop workers are illegal citizens now.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2008, 04:22:26 pm »

Sgt. Pepper is charged with aiding a prison escape, 261 counts of felony assault, 270 counts of murder, 10 counts of breaking and entering, and resisting arrest.
Lex Davis ensures the jury is stacked in Sgt. Pepper's favor!
Sgt. Pepper's chances are beyond bleak.
The defense was really slick.
Sgt. Pepper, you are sentenced to 31695 consecutive life terms in prison.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The defendant, Squeegy, is charged with aiding a prison escape, racketeering, 432 counts of felony assault, 354 counts of murder, misdemeanor assault, 11 counts of breaking and entering, and resisting arrest.
2 former LCS members will testify against Squeegy.
Pay  $5000 to hire Ace Liberal Attorney Lex Davis.
The trial proceeds. Jury selection is first.
Lex Davis's CONSERVATIVE ARCH-NEMESIS will represent the prosecution!!!
Squeegy's chances are beyond bleak.
The defense is extremely compelling.
The jury leaves to consider the case.
The jury has returned from deliberations.
GUILTY!
Squeegy, you are sentenced to 19049 consecutive life terms.
Have a nice day, Squeegy.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 04:25:22 pm by Squeegy »
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles

Servant Corps

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2008, 09:03:20 pm »

Is there any reason why, in an L+ society, people still hire Ace Liberal Attorneys? Since you're going to get Life anyway, regardless of how you defend, isn't it better to keep your 5K, and instead focus on breaking said founder out?
I have left Bay12Games to pursue a life of non-Bay12Games. If you need to talk to me, please email at me at igorhorst at gmail dot com.

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2008, 09:57:03 pm »

This wasn't L+, and all my useful people were arrested/killed.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2008, 01:24:42 am by Squeegy »
I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 9