Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9

Author Topic: You are sentenced to..  (Read 32123 times)

Azerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: You are sentenced to..
« Reply #90 on: October 05, 2013, 10:43:55 am »

Sorry for the necro but this thread need to be reactivated so that we share our stories of crazy sentencing:

I sent a squad composed by 2 Hippies, 1 Gang Member and 1 Prostitute to raid the Garnment Factory:they did smash some machines and stole some Cloths.
After leaving, the cops tracked them and, after some gunfires and the loss of a squad member, my squad surrendered.

At the trial with a sleeper judge and a pro bono lawyer :
-Joey Shew (Gang Member), for vandalism, murder (he got this charge before entering the LCS), felonious assault and unlawful entry: 12 years;
-Jackie Murray (Prostutute), for vandalism, felonious assault and unlawful entry: 5 months;
-Iris Stelling (Hippie), for vandalism, felonious assault and unlawful entry: death (Her lawyer said Iris was guilty; maybe I accidentaly choose the Public Defender)

Death penalty was at C+: I like this game.
"Just tell me about the bits with the forest-defending part, the sociopath part is pretty normal dwarf behavior."

nephilimnexus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2013, 12:15:00 pm »

The judge reads the charges: The defendant, Kweisi Patterson (Zeus), is charged with 4 counts of terrorism, 25 counts of kidnapping, escaping prison, 5 counts of aiding a prison escape, racketeering, 454(!) counts of felony assault, 472 (!!) counts of murder, 2 counts of arson, 3 counts of misdemeanor assault, 14 counts of carrying an illegal weapon, 668(!) counts of firing an illegal weapon, 8 counts of credit card fraud, 6 counts of theft, 87 counts of breaking and entering, resisting arrest and disturbing the peace.  2 former LCS members will testify against Zeus.

... and one moving violation!

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello good people of the interwebs!
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: October 09, 2013, 04:31:52 pm »

Im smart enough to never let my liberals get caught/slash die over getting capture, but heres what my most prominant killer would have to go against.
Code: [Select]
CRIME                         NUM       CRIME                         NUM
Kidnapping:                    0        Murder:                       2241
Theft:                         4        Breaking and entering:         9
Terrorism:                     3        Jury tampering:                0
Treason:                       2        Escaping prison:               0
Releasing prisoners:           1        Resisting arrest:             14
Flag burning:                 14        Harmful speech:                0
Vandalism:                    55        Assault:                       0
Armed assault:                935       Grand theft auto:              0
Hacking:                       0        Electronic sabotage:           0
Credit card fraud:             0        Drug dealing:                  0
Unlawful burial:               0        Prostitution:                  0
Disturbing the peace:          0        Hiring illegal aliens:         0
Racketeering:                  0        Loitering:                     0
Arson:                         0        Public nudity:                 0
Extortion:                     0        Bank robbery:                  2
"Wanna be a better liberal? Go get shot in the fuckin' face."

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 09, 2013, 05:15:06 pm »

Whoa, truly an Elite Liberal Guardian. Why does your liberal have 14 counts of flag-burning?

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 09, 2013, 05:48:17 pm »

It goes in hand with the 14 counts of resisting arrest. Every time Im raided I burn a flag.

Just goes to show, even a Male Doctor that Looks Like a Female and a Criminal with Poor Hygiene Habits can fall in love.

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 09, 2013, 05:50:56 pm »

Does flag burning actually do anything besides giving yourself a charge.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 09, 2013, 06:37:20 pm »

I dunno, but it changes colours when you're being raided so I do it.

FinetalPies

• Bay Watcher
  • Even on the battlefield.
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: October 09, 2013, 06:37:33 pm »

I like to think it pisses the cops off. Which is why I also do it whenever I get raided.

Jboy2000000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: October 09, 2013, 06:47:56 pm »

That'd be cool, maybe if you burn a flag it'd make a few special mobs pop up while you're raided, like "Angry [Whoever is raiding you]" and they're fueled by rage to be stronger than the others.

Liberal Elitist

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm more liberal than you are!
    • View Profile
    • The Liberal Crime Squad wiki
« Reply #99 on: October 11, 2013, 03:30:49 pm »

There is a bonus to flag burning if you do it when your hideout is being raided. So your strategy of burning a flag when you get raided is very good. As for what the bonus is, well, it has a positive effect on public opinion. Helps the Liberal cause. At least on the Flag Burning issue. Not sure if it makes the LCS better known or more popular though.

Anyway the real thing that's great to do during a raid is get a reporter to interview one of your LCS operatives, hopefully someone with lots of Intelligence, Charisma, Persuasion, that sort of thing. That gives you LOADS of benefits to public opinion. But it's random and rather unlikely. The best way to increase the odds of having a reporter show up for an interview is have a raid go on for a very long time, many days. This means having lots of days of food stored up ahead of time, of course. Err, I mean, your hideout is under siege, not a raid. Well, same thing, I guess.
The Liberal Crime Squad wiki is your friend.

Quote from: Lielac
Edit: Figured it out via a little bit of trial and error and oH MY GOD WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT IS THIS MUSIC WHAT THE HECK IS IT SPACEBALLS MUSIC? WHATEVER IT IS IT IS MAGICAL

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: October 11, 2013, 07:14:22 pm »

Issue: the only way to get Sieged is by the Government: SWAT/Nat'l Guard/SEAL Team 6.

Major problem there is that opening fire on them in Escape/Engage *does* count as armed assault/murder.  As such, it's pretty harsh on your rap sheet, should anyone involved go to trial.

People like Corporations, the CIA, or the CCS just storm you immediately.  :-/

Cheedows

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a dwarf, right?
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: October 11, 2013, 08:35:42 pm »

But, no one gives a crap if you kill the non-government affiliated guys, and they give pretty good loot.

Elodie Hiras

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2013, 12:12:36 pm »

AFAIK, the CIA is affiliated to the government.

Still, they are acting in a top-secret crackdown on a group who may (may, I know some players don't) have been only involved in non-violent activities since day 1, without any legal legitimacy, so they'd rather sweep the whole affair under the rug rather than go to the police with reports of their botched raids and have it blow in their faces.

Corporate mercs... Maybe some give a crap about them, but they shot 1st and are not police, so they are fair game to be eliminated as self-defense.

CCS... Same thing.

Angry mobs: add them being terminally stupid to the list. They aren't even proficient with their weapons, nor even armored. I know you can get stormed with angry mobs from a code source dive, only I don't remember how. Never had this happen to me.

KA101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2013, 02:46:34 pm »

AFAIK, the CIA is affiliated to the government.

Still, they are acting in a top-secret crackdown on a group who may (may, I know some players don't) have been only involved in non-violent activities since day 1, without any legal legitimacy, so they'd rather sweep the whole affair under the rug rather than go to the police with reports of their botched raids and have it blow in their faces.

Corporate mercs... Maybe some give a crap about them, but they shot 1st and are not police, so they are fair game to be eliminated as self-defense.

CCS... Same thing.

Angry mobs: add them being terminally stupid to the list. They aren't even proficient with their weapons, nor even armored. I know you can get stormed with angry mobs from a code source dive, only I don't remember how. Never had this happen to me.

Theoretically the Mobs come from pissing off the Media too often.  You're right about the CIA: no charges, because in order to prosecute, they'd have had to be there in the first place.

Firemen are the only raid that finds you without having Heat on the safehouse...and, despite their government-sponsored nature, they don't charge you for shooting them inside the safehouse either.  (Let's chalk that up to the government not wanting to give Harmful Speech any more of a platform?)

hector13

• Bay Watcher
  • It’s shite being Scottish
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2013, 03:23:00 pm »

I think the worst I've had is a few life sentences. Always bust 'em out after, anyways.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2013, 03:32:39 pm by hector13 »
Look, we need to raise a psychopath who will murder God, we have no time to be spending on cooking.

the way your fingertips plant meaningless soliloquies makes me think you are the true evil among us.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9