Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8

Author Topic: LCS Alpha 3.12ish Bugs  (Read 10616 times)

Grundee

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS Alpha 3.12ish Bugs
« Reply #30 on: December 20, 2007, 01:15:00 pm »

The game currently does not work with Windows 98.

It may have something to do with using a version of PDCurses meant for more recent Windows versions.

Please add this to the Sourceforge.net tracker so we can look into it before releasing the new version.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #31 on: December 20, 2007, 03:58:00 pm »

http://www.jonathansfox.com/LCS/lcs_win32_312_alpha4.zip

- Broken ribs bug should be fixed
- Arrow keys shouldn't be mapped to letters anymore
- Arrow keys should serve as a substitute for pageup/pagedown or moving around in site mode
- Hostages should not haul themselves to the clinic
- Hostage tenders should cancel their activities if they aren't in the same location as the hostage
- I updated to the latest version of PDCurses. Let me know if it helps with the Windows 98 incompatibility.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: December 20, 2007, 09:14:00 pm »

The linkages in the Go Forth menus have been scrambled.  For instance going to the police station leads to a 1 choice menu to go to the inteligence HQ and the university district has CEO residence as its top choice. The outskirts of town only has the corporate  HQ.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2007, 12:25:00 am »

Wow, I am not getting that. Did you restore an old save? If so, try starting a new game with this version.

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2007, 12:27:00 pm »

OK. I've downloaded it.  Im gonna play later and let you know how it went tomorrow... Thanks for the quick response.
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2007, 08:58:00 pm »

Hmm I hadn't started off with an old save but I just deleted that one and started over and it went away.  Nevermind.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Pseudointellectual

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2007, 09:51:00 pm »

Oops, reported a problem with 3.09 rather than 3.12, and it's fixed in 3.12. Disregard!  :)

[ December 22, 2007: Message edited by: Pseudointellectual ]

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #37 on: December 23, 2007, 11:13:00 am »

Well, sorry for the delay... It still doesn't work with Windows 98.  I Wrote a reply but as it was to large and very general related so I made a new topic...
“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 25, 2007, 11:56:00 am »

this has been around since the earliest 3.12s (and is still present in alpha 4):
if you take too long on a mission it freezes.
update: apparently it doesn't freeze for all eternity- after I finished typing it already unfroze.

also, this isn't a bug, but I've had illegal immigrants working for me for years (selling T-shirts) the way I imgaine T-shirts being sold is on the street where there are lots of people (and conservative people) so you'd think they'd be deported by now.

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 26, 2007, 09:07:00 pm »

I just wanted to tell everyone that I've been getting into an online game and it's eating up my free time. I feel my attention being sapped from LCS... I love making this game, but I love that online game tooo...  :( Also, I got The Sims 2: Pets for Christmas, and a new book, and Brain Age, and Zelda for the DS...  :o I'm basically saying don't hold your breath for an update, since LCS just a whole lot of powerful competition for my time.

But quickly, regarding illegal immigrants selling t-shirts, the only way anyone would know they're illegal would be if they were carded on the street and there was some kind of mandatory ID everyone had to carry around. I could see that only in extreme conservative situations, and it's not implemented. It's certainly very much plausible that even with a moderate to conservative political situation you could have an illegal immigrant on a busy street selling t-shirts for years without ever getting caught and deported. The US is very multicultural, and even a thick accent or an obvious unusual nationality isn't suspicious enough to get them in trouble. Right now there's a lot of hand-wringing in US politics because some employers hire illegal immigrants and don't know or care about whether their employees are legal residents, and people are calling for mandatory high penalties for employers that are caught employing illegal immigrants. But even with that, street peddlers would slip through the cracks. Unless they're arrested, there's just no way anyone can know they aren't a citizen. Even if they have a car and were stopped by police and asked for their licence, in some places illegal immigrants can legally have that form of local ID. All in all, that's why illegal immigrants don't generate any heat -- you get in trouble if they're arrested, but as long as they aren't arrested, the only penalty to getting them as recruits is their low initial juice.

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 06, 2008, 03:12:00 pm »

My game crashed when I rescued 3 people from death row. My leader was carrying one because he was on a hunger strike (he was hit once mistakenly, if that matters) But I believe the thing that caused the bug was because the prisoners' transportation registered as 'On Foot' whereas my leader registered as 'Sport-D'. The crash occured immedietly after attempting to 'Lose them' only once.

What sucks most is that I probably won't be able to save my only other 3 Liberals from Death Row.    :(

I got a message stating that a just-captured hostage had wounds that needed medical treatment. They go to the clinic, then escape? What's with that?

Weapon levels level up EXTREMELY slowly, same for Driving. I can't seem to level up Driving period (It's at 2 now, I believe, I can't see it because of my long list of skills) and my main character has killed/assaulted many many many people, yet only has 2 in unarmed. (which I use all the time) It's not like they don't have the necessary stats, either-- an Elite Liberal, and for most things, I actually picked the 'thug' path in the char gen. My squad of liberals dedicated to combat gained NO weapon skills in any of their time. There must be a bug, otherwise, some of the levelling is just absolutely ludicrous.

Another bug with driving... sometimes people without cars show up in car case scenes, and they can't be driven away from. They generally appear when you 'lose' a car, but one person is left on foot without a vehicle. You can bail out, but this is slightly annoying.

[ January 07, 2008: Message edited by: Twerty ]

Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2008, 10:36:00 am »

after a high speed shootout with the CIA half of 4 of my squad members died. which is not strange- the were N00Bs recruited for just that purpose (shootout*, not dieing). the strange part was that the were still in the squad, with "deceased" for health. choosing one for closer inspection crashed the game.

*) this leads us to "bug" number 2: I had the gun policy on green- no guns. And yet I recruited 6 Gangers with mid-range handguns with no problems. and the agents had MP5s.

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 24, 2008, 08:14:00 pm »

I've been playing the recent LCS 3.12 alphas, and I want to point out that it crashes every time I let a hostage die due to lack of food/water.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 25, 2008, 01:14:00 am »

I haven't been reading in awhile, so let me just take down notes on what I'm reading:

- Sounds like there is a bug with newly added people to your squad during a mission being On Foot even if your rescue team came in cars. That sounds very plausible. And apparently there is another weird bug about people who you can't drive away from still being there on foot after you evade their car. I've never seen that, but I can look into it. If there are any special circumstances that help to trigger that, let me know.

- Bug with weapons not leveling up? Or going too slow? Has anyone else had this? Is it specific to unarmed?

- a1s -- people remaining in squad after shootout with deceased for health. Was this a car chase, when you say "high speed shootout"? (the gang members with guns and agents with MP5s is intentional -- gangsters (underground connections) and government employees are exempt from the effects of gun control)

- Trorbes -- is this with the absolute latest version posted? I don't remember running into this bug myself, unless it was from earlier in the evolution of the interrogation system (it went through a lot of bugs). Not saying it isn't there, just making sure -- I'll have to check it out.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 25, 2008, 05:46:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Jonathan S. Fox:
<STRONG>- a1s -- people remaining in squad after shootout with deceased for health. Was this a car chase, when you say "high speed shootout"?</STRONG>

yes, they were all in cars, all of my guys were in the same car, if that is relevant at all.

as for the underground connections... well I would at least expect it to happen less frequently (as now people with guns, both sellers and users, are much more suspicious).

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 8