Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8

Author Topic: LCS Alpha 3.12ish Bugs  (Read 10603 times)

Trorbes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: LCS Alpha 3.12ish Bugs
« Reply #45 on: January 25, 2008, 10:36:00 pm »

It happened in both Alpha 1 and Alpha 4, but I'm not sure what sets it off.  I know it requires the hostage to die without ordering someone to K - kill them, but it seems to be somewhat unpredictable:  once one committed suicide which crashed the game several times until I killed them myself, and a few have crashed it when dying by dehydration, but I haven't recreated it yet.  I'll post the save next time I can get it to (not) work.

Neat addition, though, and fun but much more difficult to create sleepers.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #46 on: January 25, 2008, 11:17:00 pm »

I'm not really working on it, but what would help in that situation would be if you could post a save game where hitting next turn always crashes the game. That would do wonders for helping me to track it down. Like I said, I'm not really active at the moment though, focused on school, and currently staffing for an online game, so not a lot of free time.

Earthquake Damage

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 31, 2008, 06:19:00 pm »

About 2/3 of the way through the first page of this thread, so if better ideas have appeared, ignore this, but...

Teaching:  The maximum skill level a student can reach might be restricted to the teacher's Teaching skill (minimum of 1, since otherwise how could someone with no skill accrue any?), restricted to a maximum of, say, half or two thirds the teacher's skill level in whatever you're teaching.  The Teaching skill can also directly affect the rate at which students learn, such that an unskilled Teacher takes a month to teach skill level 1 while a level 10 Teacher can do the same in a week or less.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 31, 2008, 10:43:00 pm »

I think I was thinking that teaching would have caps enforced by both teaching skill and the skill being taught as to how far you can train someone. You could train up to the teaching level, or one less than the skill level, whichever was lower. But I like your idea better, of having teaching work the pace of learning, and have the skill be the only cap.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2008, 12:27:00 am »

Please delete. Accidential double post. My post is on the next page.

[ February 01, 2008: Message edited by: Little ]

Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Little

• Bay Watcher
  • IN SOVIET RUSSIA, LITTLE IS YOU!
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 01, 2008, 12:29:00 am »

Mine shuts down at the end of random days and I can't get by the day unless my leader dies and I can't start a new game....

[ February 01, 2008: Message edited by: Little ]

Blizzard is managed by dark sorcerers, and probably have enough money to bail-out the federal government.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 01, 2008, 04:47:00 pm »

You can delete the save file to start a new game. Or email the save file to me at floppysocks@hevanet.com, if you're using the latest alpha build on windows, and I can try to find out what's going on with it.

Both is probably ideal. Give it to me so I can figure out why it's happening, and take it out of the lcs directory so you can start a new game.  :(

[ February 01, 2008: Message edited by: Jonathan S. Fox ]

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 01, 2008, 08:16:00 pm »

Um... having reviewed the source code, I think I accidentally deleted the line where you get experience in weapon skill when you attack.  :o Which should explain why people are experiencing a lack of skill growth. Easily fixed for next release.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 01, 2008, 09:32:00 pm »

Found the crash bug, or at least one of them. I think it was related to a recruiter dying while the recruit was out doing something -- it would crash when the recruit came back and it tried to award juice to the non-existant recruiter. There was a check in place to prevent that from happening, but it wasn't being applied correctly. Should be fixed for the next release.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: February 02, 2008, 04:41:00 pm »

I just saw a Writhing Mass at the CEO residence.  Is that supposed to be there?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: February 02, 2008, 05:25:00 pm »

>_>; I don't think so.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: February 02, 2008, 06:40:00 pm »

I keep forgetting this one, and it has been around since forever:
abortion laws are always green when the game begins. there is no reason for them to be and 9 times out of 10 they are downgraded in the first legislation.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Skeeblix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: February 02, 2008, 07:42:00 pm »

I think he programmed things to mimic (for the most part) the political climate of today. Old LCS had more of a late 80s early 90s political feeling to it, considering the assault weapons ban was still in effect then, and in-game gun control started more heavily regulated.
This is not a signature.

Gruegirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: February 06, 2008, 03:53:00 pm »

in 3.15alpha When interrogating people, they commit suicide. Then the game crashes.

It looks like because they kill themselves and they have no names that it causes the name field to be undefined as to who killed them.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: February 06, 2008, 04:24:00 pm »

victim suicides have already been reported and have been solved in alpha6 (not yet released).

um... Skeeblix? what does that have to do with anything? Not only were gun issues added by Fox in the 2000s, they are also randomly set at the beginning of the game.

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 8