Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8

Author Topic: LCS Alpha 3.12ish Bugs  (Read 10485 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: LCS Alpha 3.12ish Bugs
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2008, 06:27:00 pm »

The difference between Conservative and moderate gun control is basically the assault weapons ban. In Toady's last version, the guns available in the pawn shop were those that you can get now at moderate gun control -- shotgun and pistols. Now, when you start the game, you also get the AR-15 (which wasn't in the game back then), because I initialize gun control as Conservative (it shouldn't be random).

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 07, 2008, 07:03:00 pm »

uh... yup, my bad.

what about abortion though?

I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 07, 2008, 10:37:00 pm »

The Elite Liberal level for the issue is "Abortion is legal." Below that is a trimester scale, and it's hard to put modern laws in there, since the Supreme Court no longer uses the trimester system established in Roe vs Wade. I'm thinking about rewriting the abortion issue to be more accurate to the dynamics in the United States today.

beorn080

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2008, 07:36:00 pm »

Alright a possible bug but not sure.  I went to one of the apartments in the industrial district and was waiting around to do recruiting when all of a sudden a soldier opens up on me with an m16 and kills me.  The paper afterwards accused me of theft when I didnt take anything and hadn't even talked to anyone.  I had an AK47 and clips in my inventory and I was wearing clothes at the time.  I had recruited some sweatshop workers earlier and was discovered both times doing it but that shouldn't let a random soldier open up on me in an apartment for no reason.
Ustxu Iceraped the Frigid Crystal of Slaughter was a glacier titan. It was the only one of its kind. A gigantic feathered carp composed of crystal glass. It has five mouths full of treacherous teeth, enormous clear wings, and ferocious blue eyes. Beware its icy breath! Ustxu was associated with oceans, glaciers, boats, and murder.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 09, 2008, 12:53:00 am »

That sounds odd. Are you sure you didn't accidentally pick anything up along the way? Did it even give you a round where the soldier saw through your disguise? I've never seen that kind of behavior before. There's nothing special about soldiers or apartments that should let them break the combat and alarm rules all the other characters and sites go by.

Edit: Did you have an AK-47 wielded? Because that would explain getting attacked, at least. Wouldn't explain the news story saying you stole something.

[ February 09, 2008: Message edited by: Jonathan S. Fox ]

Captain Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • A Special Kind of Terrible
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 14, 2008, 12:58:00 pm »

Just noting more about the hostage crash. Appears to occur when nobody is tending the hostage and they die.
Why not join us on IRC? irc.newnet.net #bay12games

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 14, 2008, 08:08:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Captain Mayday:
<STRONG>Just noting more about the hostage crash. Appears to occur when nobody is tending the hostage and they die.</STRONG>

This is probably it, but it's a hard one to reproduce. Hostages don't tend to die when you aren't tending to them... really kind of need somebody to get a nice critical hit on a hostage right before you haul them off-site and abandon them somewhere. Not easy to do.

Wisq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 14, 2008, 10:20:00 pm »

For what it's worth, I couldn't reproduce this in the debugger by setting a hostage's blood to negative, or by setting it low and giving them several bleeding wounds.  I didn't even get a message, they just died silently, and I was left with a body as usual.

Wisq

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 16, 2008, 05:35:00 pm »

Latest SVN:

code:
sitemode/sitemode.cpp: In function ‘void mode_site()’:
sitemode/sitemode.cpp:349: error: name lookup of ‘i’ changed for new ISO ‘for’ scoping
sitemode/sitemode.cpp:337: error:   using obsolete binding at ‘i’

Fix:

code:
@@ -334,7 +334,8 @@
               (levelmap[locx][locy+1][locz].flag & SITEBLOCK_BLOCK)||
               (levelmap[locx][locy-1][locz].flag & SITEBLOCK_BLOCK))
            {
-               for(int i=0;i<6;i++)
+               int i;
+               for(i=0;i<6;i++)
               {
                  if(!activesquad->squad)
                  {

Another problem:

quote:
monthly/monthly.cpp:133: error: no matching function for call to ‘std::vector<sitechangest, std::allocator<sitechangest> >::erase(sitechangest*)’
/usr/include/c++/4.2/bits/vector.tcc:109: note: candidates are: typename std::vector<_Tp>::iterator std::vector<_Tp>::erase(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename std::_Vector_base<_Tp>::_Tp_alloc_type: :pointer, std::vector<_Tp> > ) [with _Tp = sitechangest, _Alloc = std::allocator<sitechangest>]
/usr/include/c++/4.2/bits/vector.tcc:121: note:                 typename std::vector<_Tp>::iterator std::vector<_Tp>::erase(__gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename std::_Vector_base<_Tp>::_Tp_alloc_type: :pointer, std::vector<_Tp> >, __gnu_cxx::__normal_iterator<typename std::_Vector_base<_Tp>::_Tp_alloc_type: :pointer, std::vector<_Tp> > ) [with _Tp = sitechangest, _Alloc = std::allocator<sitechangest>]

This one I'm not sure how to fix, aside from changing "changes" from a "vector<sitechangest>" to a "vector<sitechangest>", which introduces a whole slew of other required changes.  (I'm mostly a C programmer, not C++.)

[ February 16, 2008: Message edited by: Wisq ]

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 17, 2008, 12:07:00 am »

Ugh, I really need to update to the latest version of visual studio. I hate that scoping bug. It's not often I get burned myself by it. Fixed both of those. Unfortunately, I can't seem to connect to SVN from where I am... running a virtual machine and it can't see the network here.  :( Too tired to try to fix that right now.

Twerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 01, 2008, 07:43:00 pm »

Escaped from a corporate mercenary siege... and was chased by six policemen. Now, seeing how all laws are liberal, I don't think the police are so corrupt as to help mercenaries kill me...

EDIT: Also, after an assault on Intelligence HQ., Agents in 'Black 17668592 Car' were following me. Both cars had the same name, too... are the numbers intentional?

Edit: Another in 'Black 17644240 Car'. o.O

Editededitededit: 'Black 2 Car' and 'Black 17667144 Car', seeing how that one has just a 2, something's obviously wrong.

EDITEDIETIDEIDEITDIETI: A safehouse just got raided. With my leader in it. With seige barricades. He's still sitting in there, unharmed, still under seige. 'Kay? I don't think they're supposed to be able to raid a barricaded safehouse... but nothing even happened... so... why in the hell is that message being displayed?

Editedietiedeitiedieidedied: The police keep 'raiding' the safehouse... but nothing's happening.

Another bug!: I have 486 assault rifle ammo clips from seiges. I go to sell them, and when I type in 486 for how much I want to sell, nothing happens. Upon further testing, apparently you can only sell 127 at a time... odd.

[ March 02, 2008: Message edited by: Twerty ]

[ March 02, 2008: Message edited by: Twerty ]

Free-to-play games are like the fountains in NetHack. At first, they look refreshing, but when you approach snakes pour out and eat you.

Cosmonot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 02, 2008, 03:55:00 pm »

When telling people what to do after one week of activism, pressing F will send them home, even though it's supposed to be C.
Kobolds carry copper crossbows.

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
« Reply #72 on: March 02, 2008, 05:53:00 pm »

i'm not sure this is a bug, maybe it's a feature request, but I see skills get pushed of my list.  It's only happened with my founder so far, as I've gone to great lengths to get any skills I possibly can.  I've found the skills still seem effective, I tested by gaining a point of skill in a weapon I hadn't previously used and it worked.  I just can't see them.  Making some way to bring up the full list would be good.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: March 02, 2008, 07:05:00 pm »

you're talking about the character screen (the one you get in Review liberals), right?
how many skills do you have?
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Alaern

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: March 03, 2008, 07:47:00 am »

Same here at 5 and 8 versions, btw. Profile shows only 14 most trained skills. There are more, and they are still active, but you can't see them unless you do something related.
Oh, and my founder has 170 skills now. 29 sword, 24 security, stealth/disguise are 20 each, etc.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 8