Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8

Author Topic: LCS Alpha 3.12ish Bugs  (Read 10481 times)

Ruttiger

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://https://server2.kproxy.com/servlet/redirect.srv/s/p1/
Re: LCS Alpha 3.12ish Bugs
« Reply #75 on: March 03, 2008, 03:00:00 pm »

I'm at 198 skill points right now (about 100 are spread out across my top four skills), but like I said, I've be trying to train him in everything, from music and art, to science and business, to first aid.  You should be able to use the page keys (be they brackets or whatever) to move up and down that list.  I even have a second liberal I wasn't even trying to get up there who's now got more than 14 skills.

Khlor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: March 21, 2008, 01:52:00 pm »

There is some unexpected behaviour with spare magazines. I had submitted this to SVN, but it seems I misinterpreted it, so I'll post here an update. I noticed that my liberals were running out of ammo very quickly, despite me buying them spare magazines. At first I thought that spare magazines counter gets zeroed after combat, but after some experimentation I determined that it's not the case. In fact, liberals reload their weapons when going to a mission, even if they are only one cartrige short. This caused me to lose much money on those expensive AR-15 magazines  :) So I suggest that liberals only reload automatically when their gun is empty.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: March 21, 2008, 07:31:00 pm »

my founder who went to prison for 15 years kept loosing juice fir some time. however this seems to have stopped once I actually tried to replicate it (before that I spent a months breaking machines to get him from -50 to 12, just to find him at -50 again a few moths later. and he shouldn't have been at -50 in the first place...)
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: March 22, 2008, 08:13:00 pm »

also, the function to autodetect the optimal course of action is not very good. I had a few of my guys with high (4-5) art skill chose to "cause trouble", same with my writers, but when a guy whose only skill was a level 8 in computers chose to do the same I knew that it wasn't working right.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Iskander

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: March 23, 2008, 04:41:00 am »

Is not being able to develop the Liberal Guardian HQ after I've set up a printing press a bug or an intentional feautre?

Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • From a time before a time before time
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: March 23, 2008, 10:40:00 am »

a1s, the founder might lose juice when his cronies fuck up in some way.  Are they prostitutes or dying on missions or something like that?
The default activities are based on the profession of your Liberals, not their actual skills.  Not too difficult to change, but a little tedious.

Khlor, I was thinking of changing the auto-reload behavior myself.  Now that someone else has complained, I probably will next time I dig around the code.

Iskander, the printing press prevents you from otherwise developing a location is a feature, I believe.

Ruttiger, the problem with that is that the page keys also scroll through your liberals.  I guess someone could make a 'n'ext and 'p'revious for that screen...

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: March 23, 2008, 04:29:00 pm »

yeah, they were living in this very evil society, where the penalty for nigh everything was death (in case of most of my operatives- causing trouble), also dating got weird and crack houses had mutants. it was pretty cool.

as for autodetecting action, that is not true. I had several of my guys go from "causing trouble" to "making graffiti" as the default option (this was the result of training).

Demon

• Bay Watcher
  • From a time before a time before time
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: March 23, 2008, 06:20:00 pm »

If someone has Wisdom 5 or more then they will not pick intelligently.  They'll do community service if 8 or higher and cause trouble otherwise.  I'm not sure why this was put into place.

That juice drain is intentional.  You'll have to work harder to rescue the country! Hehehe

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 23, 2008, 08:37:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Demon:
<STRONG>If someone has Wisdom 5 or more then they will not pick intelligently.</STRONG>
huh?  :confused: yes they will. I mean as "intelligently" as your regular guys. No what they said was stuff like "[which church do you go to]?", I'm pretty sure it's a freedom of speech thing.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #84 on: March 24, 2008, 01:06:00 am »

The wisdom thing is in regard to picking a default trouble action or something. That system went through a few iterations during testing, and at one point high wisdom prohibited some activities. Eventually this turned out to be Not Fun, so it's gone now, but apparently there's remnants of that code in the default activity area.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: April 10, 2008, 08:47:00 pm »

Nuff said.

After a fun police chase in which two passengers died, I chose some people to dispose the bodies. It let me assign dumping the two bodies to three people. I did. One day later, the guy who dumped the ghost body...wow.

I took him to the hospital, it said he was out in 16 weeks. For some reason he was still in the apartment. I took him again, the game crashed.

Now it says that my current squad was "scattered" on the highscores. Playing the latest version on the wiki.
Also, stashing more than 100 of an item doesn't work right.

Edits: Spelling, link didn't work.

[ April 11, 2008: Message edited by: Wooty ]

Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Nate Brengle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: April 12, 2008, 08:55:00 am »

I seem to be incapable of scrolling through any of the lists  :(. Neither my arrow keys nor my Page Up or Page Down keys will scroll.

Wooty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: April 13, 2008, 10:05:00 pm »

Try your left and right bracket thingays ] [
Quote from: Toady One
It's important to wear lots of face paint while you program. And you can type with your long Gene Simmons tongue.

Nate Brengle

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: April 14, 2008, 01:07:00 am »

Still no luck. [] aren't working either.  :(

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #89 on: April 17, 2008, 09:07:00 am »

There should be an init.txt file or something like that in the LCS directory, with an option in there to change the scroll keys to the brackets. If you don't change that setting, the brackets won't work.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8