Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5

Author Topic: Nevermind  (Read 6698 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nevermind
« Reply #15 on: October 01, 2008, 11:37:02 pm »

We don't have lava, ditch the anvil and get more skills and cats.

But we NEEEEEEED it!

Actually, yeah. I'll try it without the anvil.

Also, Johnathon is an Ambusher and a Novice Shield User. I had to cut down on the obsidian.

And hell yes, Qloos is our frontline defense.

By the way, 34 cats. We still need an animal caretaker.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 11:45:27 pm by inaluct »

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 01, 2008, 11:45:51 pm »

Dwarf me! Since I dwarfed you, after all  :P

Name: Shoruke
Profession: Mechanic, siege operator, siege engineer
Hobbies: spamming mechanisms and turning them into traps. Some are simple, like stonefall traps; some are flat-out mean like weapon traps with 10 weapons, and some are quite inventive... like locking elves in hallways... Or sending people flying to their death using drawbridge-tossing...
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2008, 11:52:03 pm »

Done. I gave you Proficient in Siege Engineer and Competent in Siege Operator because I don't want to have to make hundreds of catapult parts before I can get a catapult that can fire more than once a month.

Does anyone want any of their skill levels raised, or have any specific requests for supplies?

Also, I'm bringing 20 serrated tower cap discs. At $10 each, I would be a fool not to.

We have 3 dwarves left.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2008, 11:59:36 pm by inaluct »

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2008, 12:11:03 am »

No time for ramifications! Cats can take care of themselves! Let's do this!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2008, 12:16:07 am »

Okay, I'm going to embark, save, and quit. It's late here, and all future dwarves can be peasants with awesome titles like "God King of the Void."

Good night, people.

Muno syoan

• Bay Watcher
  • Victory dance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2008, 06:14:07 pm »

I'd like a peasant! Call him 'Shortarse the Savagely Beaten', and give him something to do that provides a significant risk of violent death.
The use of violence is justified only under a tyranny which makes reforms without violence impossible, and should have only one aim, that is, to bring about a state of affairs which makes reforms without violence possible.
-- Karl Popper, The Open Society

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2008, 06:29:43 pm »

Okay, Strike the Earth!

Anyway, dramatis personae, people:

Miguel 'Haven' Medenkib. Profession: hardened street criminal. Our stoneworker. Also, surprisingly, not in any of our noble positions. I'm changing that, because he's the only one who has any skill in brokering, trading, appraisal, or organization.

'Discuised' Tatunib. Profession: Former Olympic 400m Swimmer, indicted on doping charges. He has come to make himself a new life in Nevermind, the Buttery Aura of Angels. He is, inexplicably, our current administrator.

Emperor Johnathan. Profession: Bounty Hunter. Emperor Johnathan hails from the bloody streets of Tantanus V. Known for his flamboyant clothing and jewelry, and his over-the-top ways of subduing bounties, he has gained the nickname "Emperor of Gay," but he prefers "Emperor." He has journeyed to Nevermind to claim a bounty on one of the local mountain goats.       
    ...But which one?

'Shoruke' Ustmorel. Profession: War Criminal. A former mountainhome engineer, Shoruke was exiled from his homeland over an incident involving a catapult, a cow, a Count's daughter, and- OH WAIT I SAID COW ALREADY HAH HA DWARV WOMEN ARE FAT HA HA

Shortarse the Savagely Beaten. Profession: Hero. Despite his unfortunate name, Shortarse is actually one of the greatest heros of the mountainhomes. Born 'Shortarse Ensebkivish', he was trained by his rather interesting parents from an early age to run head on into dangerous situations. He gained his full name when he slew a titan with his bare hands and a two handed sword (he wasn't wearing gloves). He had been destined for heroism since a young age; it was written in an ancient set of prophecies that he would defeat an ancient scourge of dwarfkind, a titan. It was also written that he would someday travel with his stolid companions to Nevermind, where he would defeat a menace greater than anything he had ever faced before. It was also written that although he would ultimately defeat it, it would destroy him in the process. He comes to fulfill the prophecy.

Tlaloc. Profession: Corn God. Okay, I can't do this any more. I did name a peasant Tlaloc, though, and he'll be farming. There is one other unnamed peasant.

And an award winning cast of 34 cats!
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:37:02 pm by inaluct »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2008, 06:36:32 pm »

Anyway, Discuised and the Emperor immediately waddled off to do some killing, while I planned out this ingenious start for out fortress. I think I'll put a bunch of tiny little farm plots in there, so I can have Tlaloc grow a bunch of different things at once. I put the unnamed peasant on mining duty, and Shortarse is our woodcutter and carpenter.

Trust me, it'll be much more dangerous than it sounds. Especially that last part.

Anyway, I'm going to have him go kill some trees so we can make a craftsdwarf's shop and start churning out obsidian swords.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:46:10 pm by inaluct »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 02, 2008, 06:45:28 pm »

So, Discuised isn't our Broker any more. Good. He's closing in on some goats, though. I predict tension between him and Johnathan if he kills the goat with the money on it's head.

Anyway, Johnathan:

Is the little green guy. He's heading for a cave. A cave full of trolls. I'll update later.

Also, none of you other guys are really doing anything interesting now, so OKAY THEN

Oh wait, there are two green guys. Emperor is on the left, closer to the cave. You guys seem to be working together.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 06:47:43 pm by inaluct »

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2008, 07:11:01 pm »

Disguised*

Haven

• Bay Watcher
  • Studiously Avoidant
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2008, 08:05:43 pm »

Haven's Demands:

A Stage (0/1)
A Screenplay of Cats 2: The Skinning (0/1)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2008, 10:01:37 pm »

If you write it, I'll draft migrants and have them act it out.

Also, I think I should do one update a day. More? [y|n]

Also, Discus killed something today:

And we have our first hypnotisms adoptions!

PRAISE THE MINERS

WE HAVE STRUCK JET

And Tlaloc is making a butcher's and tanner's shop.

Wow, he did it. Tlaloc got us leather. From Discus's kill. Anyway, I've never been able to make leather this fast, so to celebrate Haven is our leatherworker now. Also, Shoruke is now our herb-guy so we can get some above ground seeds.

Damn, in the time it took me to type that, Johnathan killed a goat and Tlaloc butchered it.

Also:

We don't have enough wood yet, though. Shortarse is working on it. I think this should be a succession game, but your turn ends when you choose.

That is, after a few years I'll say "Okay, Haven (Shoruke, Qloos, Muno, Emperor J., etc), you seem stable. Can you take over for a while?"
« Last Edit: October 02, 2008, 10:17:26 pm by inaluct »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2008, 10:25:48 pm »

MORE UPDATES

MORE

Also;

I am the best Hunter.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2008, 10:43:15 pm »

Hell yes, you're flamboyant.

Anyway, I'll do more tomorrow. I'm unexpectedly busy tonight. I'll probably get part of the stage complete tomorrow, and I'll have a burgeoning goat chunk industry.

In the mean time, any more requests?

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2008, 10:58:12 pm »

Yes:  Build a raising bridge randomly somewhere:  Once a season I'm to stand on it and have it raised to prove my manhood.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5