Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: Nevermind  (Read 6697 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nevermind
« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2008, 11:23:58 pm »

Yes:  Build a raising bridge randomly somewhere:  Once a season I'm to stand on it and have it raised to prove my manhood.

Awesome. Ness. I'm totally doing that. I'll start with a small one, 'cause we don't have very much wood. Or stone.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 03, 2008, 06:43:14 pm »

From the Diary of Uxultal Hornedsheeps, mountain goat:

238th Uranium, Mid Wummer (it's winter and summer! :D)

Although I still feel the ebullience and freedom I felt two Wummers ago when we formally deposed the priest-cooks, something weighs heavy on my heart. Recently, bipedal intruders have appeared on the plains. Disturbingly, they seem to carry strange, glistening objects with them, made from a substance I have never seen nor heard described.

Even more disturbingly, they have already slain two of our serfs. This might be an isolated incident, but it still worries me greatly, especially as it conforms to the warnings the hoary marmots gave us many Sprills (it's both Spring and Fall! :D) ago. They told us that if we were to deposed the chefpriests, the wrath of the Great Toad God would descend upon us.

For all we know, these strange, murderous creatures may be the heralds of our downfall, caused by our own hubris.

I will not sleep tonight.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 07:06:10 pm by inaluct »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 03, 2008, 07:02:51 pm »

Disjointed Journal of Inaluct, Player

By the way, so far only Haven and Vabok McMiner have adopted any cats. Haven has three, Vabok has like six.

Also, Discus and the Emperor are friends. Shoruke is friends with Haven and Discus, but has no other important relationships.

I have to say, though, that I only trust Tlaloc. He butchers dead things and has no friends yet. He isn't farming. We have too many dead goats that need dismemberment, and besides, all we could plant would be prickle berries, because whoever I sent out to gather plants did a bad job.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 07:08:05 pm by inaluct »

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 03, 2008, 07:41:00 pm »

I have Shoruke linking up the bridge now; it's almost time for Discus's Trial By Flight

Also, I'm putting a weapon trap with 10 serrated tower cap discs in the only way in or out of the cave. I told you guys that it was a good idea, worth every one of those 200 points. :P

Muno syoan

• Bay Watcher
  • Victory dance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 03, 2008, 08:40:28 pm »

Shortarse the Savagely Beaten. Profession: Hero.... He gained his full name when he slew a titan with his bare hands and a two handed sword (he wasn't wearing gloves).

This is awesome (this entire thing, I just like the quote).

Shortarse requires a training area, and an interesting burial area, where with any luck he will soon end up if he's lucky and the giant eagles turn up early.
The use of violence is justified only under a tyranny which makes reforms without violence impossible, and should have only one aim, that is, to bring about a state of affairs which makes reforms without violence possible.
-- Karl Popper, The Open Society

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: October 03, 2008, 10:30:46 pm »

Last entry from the diary of Uxultal Hornedsheeps, mountain goat:

They are coming. I am the last of my kind. I cannot hide forever. I stand now on the border of my fallen homeland.

I hear only the humming hypnotic rhythmic pulse of my own beating heart. All other sounds have been drowned out. I have no words to express the hideous sorrow that consumes my soul.

I can only pray that someone will find my diary and learn from it, so that the mistakes of the past need not be repeated.

We should have listened to the marmots. But now it is too late, and all is lost.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: October 03, 2008, 10:46:42 pm »

Okay, the Dwarf-a-pult is ready! Discus has been stationed on it and is ready for launching. Shoruke, having connected the lever, will serve as executioner. Also, Discus, your squad name is "The Crystalline Jaws." That's a really fucking awesome squad name.

Here we go:

That was sort of disappointing, actually.

Anyway; Status Report!!

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: October 03, 2008, 10:47:27 pm »

By the way, ignore the X. I never have it on what I'm viewing.

I'll do something else later. I'm too disheartened by that bridge actually being safe to continue right now. Tomorrow I'll start on next season's huge, deadly bridge.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2008, 11:19:52 pm by inaluct »

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: October 03, 2008, 11:30:37 pm »

Every season build the bridge 1 z-level higher.

In 10 seasons he'll be dead!

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: October 03, 2008, 11:43:59 pm »

No: a 1 z level pit, I'll fall 1 Z level and battle all the pitted captives we capture.  (make sure you pit the captives from a hight of 2 or 3.  I want the upper hand here)

Emperor_Jonathan

• Bay Watcher
  • GET UP SUCKER
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2008, 11:46:32 pm »

Even better!

Also;

MAKE THE CAPTURED CRITTERS ALREADY IN THERE!

WE WANT QLOOS TO DIE!

Qloos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2008, 11:48:18 pm »

Agreed, captured critters already in there please. . . wait, what?

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 04, 2008, 07:19:23 pm »

Did I mention that there's a huge magnetite wall in the cave?

No?

Well, there is.

Vactor

• Bay Watcher
  • ^^ DF 1.0 ^^
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2008, 08:00:09 pm »

Dwarf me please,

I'd like a loincloth wearing speardwarf named Vovox, born and raised a swamp-dwarf, his ultimate goal is to build a wooden hut and surround the area with 1/7 water.  He goes about his days making pressure plate activated upright spikes in the ground and pungi spike pitfalls under retractable bridges (bonus points if you make the spikes in the pits automated) randomly about the area.
Wreck of Theseus: My 2D Roguelite Mech Platformer
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=141525.0

My AT-ST spore creature http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0btwvL9CNlA

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: October 04, 2008, 09:32:38 pm »

I'll give you the first immigrant I get that's wearing a loincloth.

Also, I have like, seven guys and no actually building right now, so I'll wait for an immigrant. I'm definitely building the hut, though. I think I'll hollow out an underground area for it and make some kind of catchbasin for water to flow in. It'll end up being more than 1/7 water, because I don't want to go crazy replacing it while it evaporates.

I haven't really updated today. I'll try and get around to it tomorrow. If not, I'll do it in the week.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2008, 09:40:09 pm by inaluct »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5