Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Nevermind  (Read 6696 times)

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Nevermind
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2008, 08:28:29 pm »

Okay, I'm remaking the embark party as you read this.

Or I was remaking it, in case you're reading this like a week from now.

The original seven guys will go in, and new people will get migrants. No dwarf collections until I have extraneous peasants (which will probably be never, as I eventually want to make an arena).

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 09, 2008, 08:57:20 pm »

Okay, I embarked. We have 89 cats this time, and no unnamed guys. Our embark location is pretty cool, too. We're in a tropical dry forest, but one side of it is carpeted with snow. Now that I've actually started again, this is going to go somewhere. Hopefully.

I'll rebuild the catabridge and launch things by Friday night, at the latest. I should be able to get pictures, too. Right now something's messed up with my internets, so I can't show the embark location.

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2008, 08:15:05 pm »

Uh oh, I still haven't fixed the screenshot thing. Anyway, we're a little less along than before I lost the save, but that might be because of the huge number of cats killing my FPS.

Muno syoan

• Bay Watcher
  • Victory dance!
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2008, 08:34:19 pm »

No screenshots  :'(
Also, if the cats are really causing a problem, there's always cages. And ovens. And traps that dump cats on people. And catbone pyramids.
You see where I'm going with this.
Nevermind.
The use of violence is justified only under a tyranny which makes reforms without violence impossible, and should have only one aim, that is, to bring about a state of affairs which makes reforms without violence possible.
-- Karl Popper, The Open Society

inaluct

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 12, 2008, 10:23:02 pm »

If I seriously can't get screenshots, I'm just going to do ascii art. I would be getting some fortress done, but I'm spending most of my time trying to get the screenshots to upload.

Shoruke

• Bay Watcher
  • There's a Prinny in Fire Emblem, dood!?
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 13, 2008, 04:09:18 pm »

If the problem is that you can't get the screenshots to upload, it might be your image host... have you tried switching to a different one temporarily?
The Unforgotten Beast, Shoruke, has come! A pale-skinned human. It has heterochromatic eyes and moves in an unpredictable manner. Beware its rapier wit!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]