Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: [LCS] Rock and Roll is dead!  (Read 706 times)

Keiseth

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
[LCS] Rock and Roll is dead!
« on: April 02, 2008, 08:32:00 pm »

I'm truly terrible at this game, but I enjoy it. I actually beat it once before Mr. Fox put in all these awesome enhancements, but I think it was a fluke and a side-effect of extremely overpowered hackers. I very quickly had a fully decked out safehouse, maybe two.

So I tried something different; I'd convert America with ROCK AND ROLL. I had four guitarists charge into the police station and put on an awesome protest concert for a police officer. Yeah, that's probably where things went wrong.

I'm not saying I'm an unlucky person by nature. I'm just saying not every first blast from a shotgun hits your founder in the head, sending him falling to the ground in slow motion as Metallica's Fade to Black plays solemnly in the background. Played by the other three liberals. On the bright side, the cop enjoyed the concert. (Maybe they should have been playing a song by a more Liberal band? I don't know, Rise Against? Maybe not. My guys were terrible Liberals anyway.)

I've got to form a new game plan for this version, so as a side-question of this topic, what does everyone playing now normally do?

Edit: Oh yeah, the meaning of the topic title? My founder was (un)creatively named "The Lord of Rock".

AddOn: Isn't this a nice change? The country is in a rather pitiful state at May 10, but my founder is a-bloody-mazing with Music at 42, Art at 9 and Seduction at 5 and very high stats. In typical Bay 12 fashion, this guy is going to meet his end by a lucky blow to the face hitting both eyes, his brain and all of his teeth.

[ April 02, 2008: Message edited by: Keiseth ]

[ April 03, 2008: Message edited by: Keiseth ]

Bullion

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: [LCS] Rock and Roll is dead!
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2008, 07:22:00 am »

i read that as "rickroll is dead"

i'm disapointed.

Bullion cancels witty informative post: Interrupted by Logic

Squeegy

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't really have any answers for you.
    • View Profile
Re: [LCS] Rock and Roll is dead!
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2008, 11:59:00 pm »

quote:
Originally posted by Bullion:
<STRONG>i read that as "rickroll is dead"

i'm disapointed.</STRONG>

You're not alone.

I think I'm an alright guy. I just wanna live until I gotta die. I know I'm not perfect, but God knows I try.
Kobold Name Generator
⚔Dueling Blades⚔
Fertile Lands
The Emerald Isles