Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Can you create magma from nothing?  (Read 823 times)

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Can you create magma from nothing?
« on: October 04, 2008, 08:14:41 pm »

I've found a ton of wonderful fortress locations and with vein helper from dtil i can always ensure that perfect fortress location always has what it needs but 2 things i really miss in perfect maps are magma/water. I can make metal and gems via vein helper is it possible to make magma and water from nothing(no magma on the map to begin with)?. I couldent find any existing threads about this via search so i figured someone might have a premade tool to create magma and water.

I always try to look for lag free maps so magma pools and underwater rivers are always the first thing i look for but most of the time i have to settle for a brook with multiple magma pipes which is really annoying and creates excess lag. If i could find that dream location and make my own magma/water pool then i'll be friggin set(magma pipe on a glacier would be so dreamy).

Idiom

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_THOUGHT]
    • View Profile
Re: Can you create magma from nothing?
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2008, 09:56:37 pm »

Not without cheating.

DF Tweak + 'For each tile' extension.

arghy

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Can you create magma from nothing?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2008, 02:30:32 am »

Dtil has a tile editor but its very odd like when i change a tile to sand it doesnt believe its sand or do i need to tweak the like 40 options to 'sand'?