Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: How do I... do anything?  (Read 715 times)

Puzzlemaker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I... do anything?
« on: May 08, 2008, 09:32:00 pm »

So.

I get owned.

Multiple times.

Over and over.

I tried doing things peacefully, but I wasn't able to raise enough money to really teach any of my guys anything.

I tried doing things violently, but then got raided and killed.  Over and over.

I tried doing things illegally, but then my guys got arrested.  Horribly.

Any suggestions?  So far, it's fun, but I just cannot figure out how to do things without me dying.

The mark of the immature man is that he wants to die nobly for a cause, while the mark of the mature man is that he wants to live humbly for one.

Bien

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I... do anything?
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2008, 09:41:00 pm »

Sell brownies, after like 5 days, stop, do community service. Go out to the Vegan Co-op and talk to some hippies (Try animal testing and nuclear power.), then use them to sell t-shirts and stuff like that. I'll send you a save and utility (Yes I found one.).

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Re: How do I... do anything?
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2008, 04:15:00 am »

Raising money peacefully:

1. Donations only work if people know you and like you. So get popular first. Activism and maybe some community service is good for this.

2. Other legal fundraising options require skill to capitalize on. You can liberate sweatshop workers from the textile factories in the industrial district that have high levels of garment making skill and can sell T-Shirts for money.

Not getting raided:

1. Don't use the homeless shelter as a base for violent actions, it's the first place they look. Go to a warehouse and invest in a business front to throw off investigators, or rent an apartment somewhere to blend in. The more expensive the apartment, the less likely the police are to search for you in that neighborhood, and the harder it will be for them to find your safehouse.

2. Alternatively, or in combination, you can move around every few weeks or so, or even more often if that doesn't work, to shake off any investigation. Leave bases you've been resting in for a long time empty for a few weeks to let them cool off and be forgotten.

3. If you do get raided, and manage to fight them off, don't stay in the same place. They already know where you are and already know you're ridiculously well-armed and dangerous, so they'll just come back in a week, this time with national guard troops. Best to be gone when that happens unless you're looking for a fight.

Not getting arrested:

1. Avoid sending important people to do dangerous things like selling brownies. They're really not safe.

2. Avoid sending wanted people to do legal things in public. You may just be manning the t-shirt stand, but if you're wanted for murder, the first cop that knows your face will be able to bring you in.

3. Keep a reserve of cash for emergencies -- $5000 or more. If you have enough money, you can hire an ace defense lawyer that has a high chance of getting you acquitted at trial.