Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Steam: How do I move cages with prisoners in them?  (Read 1845 times)

Orange-of-Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Steam: How do I move cages with prisoners in them?
« on: December 17, 2022, 08:48:07 am »

So you used to be able to construct them and then pick the cages from a list that showed who was caged in the cage.

But in Steam, when I build a cage I just get a list of cages by material, but no info as to which cages have prisoners in them.

I obviously want to move the caged prisoners to reload the trap and kill the prisoner, how do I do it?

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Steam: How do I move cages with prisoners in them?
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2022, 09:42:23 am »

Exactly the same as in 47.05, you expand the cage list. In the new interface there's an arrow. Click to expand the list and it tells you what's in each cage.

Orange-of-Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2022, 01:59:16 pm »

Exactly the same as in 47.05, you expand the cage list. In the new interface there's an arrow. Click to expand the list and it tells you what's in each cage.

Weird, I did that but just get a list of cages by metal.

I have five caged prisoner (goblin zombies) that show in the u list under others as caged prisoners.

I also noticed some caged people that I don't know why are caged. One is a random elf dancer. I think random people can trigger traps if there's combat or something around the cage trap, or maybe they were hostile to the fort and I didn't notice.

Anyway, when I expand the list I see a bunch of empty cages, and ONE cage that says it has a male dwarf in it. The goblin zombies are not listed.

I tried to build the cage with the male dwarf in it to see who he was and if I got get a prisoner into the prepared kill room, but it was just "construction suspended" and I couldn't do it.

What I also wonder is why the dwarves don't remove the prisoner-containing cage from the trap and load it with an empty cage? They used to do that on their own and put the cage in the stockpile.

But this time, the prisoners are stiil sitting in the cage trap.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2022, 05:22:17 pm »

They do all this. Hauling priorities have changed a little but cage traps are replaced (and cages placed in the Animal stockpile) at which point they can be moved down to your dungeon or whenever.

And, yes, falling unconscious triggers a cage trap. So Elf probably drank too much.

Orange-of-Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2022, 08:58:53 am »

They do all this. Hauling priorities have changed a little but cage traps are replaced (and cages placed in the Animal stockpile) at which point they can be moved down to your dungeon or whenever.

And, yes, falling unconscious triggers a cage trap. So Elf probably drank too much.

Ahh thanks!

The problem must be that you can't build a cage straight from the cage trap, but it has to be in a stock pile to be built.

I don't have an animal stockpile anywhere, so that's why they stay in the trap.