Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28

Author Topic: Chasing the elusive Mermaid  (Read 461192 times)

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
Re: Chasing the elusive Mermaid
« Reply #135 on: August 07, 2009, 01:50:53 am »

I know for sure that creatures such as fish (and mermaids) can breath in 4/7 water. So you could possibly just send in hunting parties.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
« Reply #136 on: August 07, 2009, 01:55:31 am »

What would happen if you chained several eagles to a block and destroyed the supports? Could they fly away with it?

Eagle-powered airship.

That is all.
My god what have i done?
You made a kid's movie idea.

Urist and the Giant Stone

With his friends: Olin the Cat, Dasdot the Dog, Minkot the Giant Cave Spider, and many more, all affected by a mystical element (in this case, maybe pitchblende), along with Urist which gets a claymation texture to his skin along with a swelled head.  There is cheer, singing and dancing. Fun for the family.

Their next destination: THE YORKS OF NEW!!!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2009, 01:57:58 am by Itnetlolor »

MasterBlaster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: August 07, 2009, 01:58:17 am »

What would happen if you chained several eagles to a block and destroyed the supports? Could they fly away with it?

Eagle-powered airship.

That is all.
My god what have i done?
You made a kid's movie idea.

Urist and the Giant Stone

With his friends: Olin the Cat, Dasdot the Dog, and many more, all affected by a mystical element (in this case, maybe pitchblende), along with Urist which gets a claymation texture to his skin along with a swelled head.  There is cheer, singing and dancing. Fun for the family.

Their next destination: THE YORKS OF NEW!!!
I'm going to name my dwarves after them now..... see what you've done?

Jackrabbit

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: August 07, 2009, 02:08:08 am »

It's the feel-good family movie event of the year, with the dwarves you've come to know and love and JESUS MARY AND JOSEPH WHY ARE THEY KILLING THAT KITTEN? WHAT THE HELL? THERE'S A CROSSBOW BOLT IN LARRY THE GOBLINS HEAD! WHHHHHYYYYYYY?

Nightwind

• Bay Watcher
  • The wind has no destination
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: August 07, 2009, 02:13:20 am »

I'm not sure what I'll do with my eaglesphere, but it seems like the dwarfy thing to do.

Make it of the right materials...

Then add a sphere of glass, holding water and merpeople.

A sphere of obsidian containing fire imps and magma men.

A hollow sphere of rock, with your meeting hall in it (contains dwarves)

A sphere of IRON, contaning HFS?

GENERATION 28:
The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Nilik

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: August 07, 2009, 04:20:13 am »

It's ideas like this that make me love this God forsaken game.  All these people talking about the utter atrocity off trapping migrating merpeople and forcibly breeding them, because damn it all their internal organs are valuable.

In the mountainhomes, we call that industry.

Time Kitten

• Bay Watcher
  • Evil Spirit
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: August 07, 2009, 02:15:05 pm »

A sphere of IRON, contaning HFS?

I believe that adamantine is the traditional choice for capping HFS

Iron can contain the goblins.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: August 12, 2009, 09:52:59 am »

Dear god, that... 'project' is both wrong and awesome at the same time.

I think of using only two water rooms, one with cage traps chains (mermaids are chainable, when captured, arent they?), water filled 4/7.
Second water room would be 1 z-level lower, linked with first through floor hatch. Also, two pumps there, one pumping water in, second pumping out (to airdrown the mermaid babies)
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Beanchubbs

• Bay Watcher
  • Khorne Flakes: Crunchy & Delicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: August 12, 2009, 10:06:56 am »

Does talking about harvesting the organs of babies that were born by mothers that we chained up to breed make us horrible people? Even if this is just a game, it is still kind of disturbing. I can't talk though because I've done this with unicorns.  :D
Yikes, the Orcs have a nasty language.  Traditional foreplay would be right out for them; how would they ever "say my name" for one another?  No wonder Ocrs are always so bloodthirsty and violent, they're getting sub-par action.

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: August 12, 2009, 10:11:51 am »

Does talking about harvesting the organs of babies that were born by mothers that we chained up to breed make us horrible people? Even if this is just a game, it is still kind of disturbing.

We're humans dwarves, it's normal that we butcher things just because we're curious.
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

Neoskel

• Bay Watcher
  • Read or the owl will eat you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 12, 2009, 04:04:00 pm »

Not completely on-topic but related: I recently mucked around in adventure mode as a modded-to-be-playable Titan. I was training up my swimming and sneak skills by swimming down the coast of a good ocean. Lo and behold, i came across two blue Ms, a merman and a mermaid frolicking in the waves.

So i snuck up on the merman, grabbed his head, slammed it into the seafloor and squeezed it until my wrestling skill went up a couple levels. Then, getting bored, i punched him in the gut (he didn't die) and went after the mermaid. I started to do the same thing to the mermaid, but after a while of squeezing her head i accidently hit the wrong button and pounded her head in. So i picked up the body and used it to pound the merman's head in.

Now i had two merpeople corpses. Knowing that merfolk bones were valuable and that shops wouldn't buy corpses, i set up a bonfire and then took the resulting bones to the nearby human town to sell. I figured i could make this a regular thing and hunt merfolk for profit. Unfoirtunately towns don't buy bones either... Now i wish i had saved the mermaid's corpse so i could continue to use it as a club.
Urist Mcsurvivalist has been accosted by edible vermin lately.

Goblins: The fourth iron ore.

rkyeun

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Elemental Spheres
« Reply #146 on: September 01, 2009, 08:23:57 am »

Using the five elements of Air, Water, Fire, Wood, Metal

Air: A sphere made of crystal glass block floors and clear diamond gem windows, filled with nothing, containing giant eagles.
Water: A sphere made of clear glass block floors and sapphire gem windows, filled to the brim with water and containing mermaids.
Wood: A sphere made of wood block floors and emerald gem windows filled with wood block up-down stairs and containing elves.
Fire: A sphere made of bauxite block floors and ruby gem windows, filled to the brim with magma and containing fire imps.
Metal: A sphere made of steel block floors and black diamond gem windows, filled with steel block up-down stairs and containing goblins.

These are the five pillars upon which the temple of BLOOD stands, where the dwarves live and give live kitten and noble splatter sacrifices, the blood dripping eternally into the other five habitats.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 08:33:57 am by rkyeun »

Itnetlolor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Steam ID
Re: Elemental Spheres
« Reply #147 on: September 01, 2009, 03:35:27 pm »

Using the five elements of Air, Water, Fire, Wood, Metal
And Urist using a heart; "Goooo Fortress!"

"By your powers combined, I AM CAPTAIN FORTRESS!!!"

...And this is how you summon Morul Cattenmat; AKA Captain Fortress.

I couldn't resist. :P

Runic86

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: September 01, 2009, 06:32:29 pm »

The amount of malice in this thread is actually causing me some concern. I mean, chaining up mothers and forcing them to breed, just so we can drown their children to harvest their organs? Does this strike no one else as absolutely horrific?

You misspelled 'hilarious'

Sigged.

When i saved this to bloc notes, the save window was on my tabs folder. Judas Priest subfolder. Genocide tabs sub-sub-folder. I laughed my ass out XD

Randomonioum

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: September 01, 2009, 08:48:45 pm »

Now I've realised that until I have created a mermaid breeding and butchering industry, that involves baby merchildren getting flung into my butchering room by bridges activated by the movements of their own mothers, and are killed my bolts made of their forefathers bones, my time with this game will not be complete.
If you gave them a biome then the Elves may indeed start turning up with Wagons in cages.
Well, it does tie in to the fact that personality-wise, dragons are nothing more than gigantic, scaly, firebreathing cats.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 28