Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28

Author Topic: Chasing the elusive Mermaid  (Read 458472 times)

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
Re: Chasing the elusive Mermaid
« Reply #150 on: September 01, 2009, 10:05:28 pm »

Only in DF do you get discussions of how to genocide babies and children because they take up resources, slaughter merpeople for their bones, eat raw kitten meat, and set carefree, happy elves on fire.

Is someone keeping track of all these?
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: September 02, 2009, 03:17:47 am »

Grabbing an Adventurer and killing every single last living thing in the entire world?

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: September 02, 2009, 09:03:47 pm »

Personally, when the Army Arc is complete, I fully intend to ally with the elves as much as possible, and in general make my dwarves annoyingly good.

Lord Dakoth

• Bay Watcher
  • That's a hammerin'.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: September 02, 2009, 10:55:45 pm »

Personally, when the Army Arc is complete, I fully intend to ally with the elves as much as possible, and in general make my dwarves annoyingly good.

:o

Actively trying to ally with the elves... just when I thought there was nothing worse than killing whole villages of children...
Avatar by legendary engraver /u/Redicno of reddit.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: September 03, 2009, 01:36:14 am »

How about modding the game so you play as Elves and killing off all the Dwarves, leading to an eternal Age of the Elf?

Rowanas

• Bay Watcher
  • I must be going senile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: September 03, 2009, 06:32:32 am »

DIE NOW. How dare you suggest such a disgusting thing!

That wouldn't work because elves suck. Let them throw themselves upon the might of the dwarves!
I agree with Urist. Steampunk is like Darth Vader winning Holland's Next Top Model. It would be awesome but not something I'd like in this game.
Unfortunately dying involves the amputation of the entire body from the dwarf.

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: September 03, 2009, 06:40:25 am »

I totally just genned a world with size 50 Elves.

Evil One

• Bay Watcher
  • [Champion Elfslayer]
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: September 03, 2009, 07:06:38 am »

Not to shatter the dream or anything... The original "Little Mermaid" story... She dies in it, so DF is bringing it back to its roots.

I admit it's been a while since I even heard of that story but I somehow missed the part where after she's dead she gets butchered by a load of Dwarves who want to sell her bones as they're more valuable then Unicorn bones.
Must be in a new version. :)
Dwarf!  Indeed, a devious delight fond of drink and industry deceived as both do-gooder and devil by the delusions of deities.  This demander, no daft demeanor, is a driving force of the deadly diocese, now disappointed, delirious from goblin deception.  However, this delicious derangement of a demolished diamond stands determined!

Neruz

• Bay Watcher
  • I see you...
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: September 03, 2009, 07:54:25 am »

Not to shatter the dream or anything... The original "Little Mermaid" story... She dies in it, so DF is bringing it back to its roots.

I admit it's been a while since I even heard of that story but I somehow missed the part where after she's dead she gets butchered by a load of Dwarves who want to sell her bones as they're more valuable then Unicorn bones.

Well she turns into sea foam in the original, so it would be difficult to butcher her corpse, being as it's sea foam.

Although i'm sure some Dwarf somewhere will work out a way.

uran77

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: September 03, 2009, 11:10:00 am »

Well she turns into sea foam in the original, so it would be difficult to butcher her corpse, being as it's sea foam.

Although i'm sure some Dwarf somewhere will work out a way.
by foam you mean the after product of soap ;D

Mogul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: September 03, 2009, 12:00:09 pm »

I'm doing this right now. Setting up my ocean trap, training swimmers (Just in case), and planning my mermaid baby extraction method. Soon as I'm done I'll exterminate the shore wildlife to give the mermaids a chance to spawn, and if it works I'll post some pictures.

Curious though, has anyone else managed to get a working mermaid farm going? Without modding them to be tameable or making dwarfs amphibious, that is.

lastofthelight

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: September 03, 2009, 03:59:43 pm »

Your missing a part. Its even MORE annoying. Not only does she die. Not only does she turn into sea foam. But her sacrifice gains her immortality and a chance to someday earn her way into the Kingdom of God, in an annoyingly preachy-religious fashion.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: September 03, 2009, 04:19:23 pm »

Oh, evangelist mermaids?  Clearly butchering them is now a moral imperative.

madrain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: September 03, 2009, 10:00:11 pm »

Speaking of the little mermaid, if any of you ever are in the Købnhavn area, make sure to go see the statue by the waterside.

Then imagine skinning her and making precious crafts from her innards!  ;D

zchris13

• Bay Watcher
  • YOU SPIN ME RIGHT ROUND~
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: September 03, 2009, 10:15:12 pm »

Oh, evangelist mermaids?  Clearly butchering them is now a moral imperative.
Somebody should sig this.
this sigtext was furiously out-of-date and has been jettisoned
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 28