Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29

Author Topic: Kingdom of Loathing  (Read 59192 times)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #405 on: September 03, 2013, 12:36:17 pm »

Doing a HC Bees Hate You run during the Frat-Hippy war quest is like stabbing yourself with a knife every single turn. 100 freaking damage. And the only way I can possibly survive is by being in the clan, so I can use the sofa.

Edit: KOLmafia is amazing.

Edit 2: Do you mind letting my multi (nameisalsoimmaterial) into the clan? Just block that one from dungeons, so we're not violating the notice on the 4th wall.

You don't need to be blocked from dungeons, you just can't enter the same instance with two characters. You can even switch characters using the dungeon every other instance, if you wanted.

Also, anyone here a good speedrunner? I have 20M-24M meat and want help figuring out what items will help most with my speed.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: September 25, 2013, 03:15:36 pm »

"A stinking portal from the Infernal Abyss has opened in the Distant Woods. What ominousness does this ominously forebode?" Halloween event?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 16, 2013, 09:57:15 pm »

A complete revamp of all classes has now completed over the course of the last month. If you log in today you can probably still get the unique Pastamancer and Sauceror items that were released as the final part of the event. All classes now have 30 skills, and new mechanics! Check it out!

New Challenge Path is out, too! It's another Class Act to encourage playing with the new classes.
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: December 08, 2013, 04:13:48 pm »

It's looking like a kinda quiet Crimbo this year. Just the standard advent calendar, filled with candied nuts and bolts.
A quiet Crimbo makes sense after a rather content heavy few months.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #409 on: December 08, 2013, 04:36:32 pm »

This month's IOTM is fairly snazzy though.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 08, 2013, 06:33:27 pm »

;_; I forgot about this Crimbo! I wish there was an easier way to keep up with KoL after all these years besides logging in all the time.
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 14, 2013, 11:29:00 pm »

Crimbo is still just as patently ridiculous.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 16, 2014, 08:46:00 pm »

Has anyone done a Bad Moon run? I've started up on my alt, aiming for 100% Black cat.

aristabulus

• Bay Watcher
  • Fnordius Maximus
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 16, 2014, 09:06:06 pm »

Has anyone done a Bad Moon run? I've started up on my alt, aiming for 100% Black cat.

I did a Black Cat run about as early as I possibly could, on the logic that it would be easier to get done before I got used to having things.  It was before I found mafia, and before a lot of the quest revamps happened... but it wasn't too bad, really.  I soft focused my eyes when combat finished so I wouldn't get angsty over the cat knocking items away, otherwise played as normal as you can in Bad Moon, finished DB(34/3735).  Having a better sense of the game now, I could probably do it again inside of 20 days.

Using mafia will probably help a bit, if only for simple combat automation....  you won't even see when the cat knocks things away!  ;)  The only superscript I know for 99% automated ascending (bumcheekascend.ash) does not have, and will never have, specific Bad Moon support; it may work okay for a lot of the run, but if it barfs, you're on your own.
If iron is to become steel, it must feel fire! --ancient Dwarven proverb

What is steel compared to the hand that wields it?  --Thulsa Doom

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 02, 2014, 12:40:18 pm »

Bump for Crimbo. The main event doesn't start for another 6 days though.

Mictlantecuhtli

• Bay Watcher
  • Grinning God of Death
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 02, 2014, 12:51:16 pm »

Might have to check my advent calendar this year.. Forgot which character I stopped on last. Hope it wasn't an Oxygenarian or something..
I am surrounded by flesh and bone, I am a temple of living. Maybe I'll maybe my life away.

Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth,
Card-carrying Liberaltarian

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 02, 2014, 05:12:13 pm »

Also... um... I appear to be the clan leader... the automated leader mover system did its thing...
What should I do, other than become corrupted with power?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 07, 2014, 04:53:37 pm »

Crimbo starts tomorrow.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 08, 2014, 02:41:05 am »

Bump for Crimbo.

That awkward moment when you realize that a thread is so dead you posted the last three things in it.

The Darkling Wolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Arf!
    • View Profile
    • Cataclysm - Dark Days Ahead
« Reply #419 on: December 08, 2014, 04:29:56 am »

Every damn crimbo I end up stuck in the middle of an oxycore run that I've gotten bored of. Goddamnit.
My cabbages!
[Thunderfury, Blessed Blade of the Windseeker]

I am fat, eating is my great joy.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29