Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]

Author Topic: Kingdom of Loathing  (Read 58640 times)

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Kingdom of Loathing
« Reply #420 on: May 03, 2015, 08:37:13 pm »

I'm looking to try and do some Slime Tube runs, and wanted to see if anyone was interested in helping me clear it out.
I've already cleared it out to the Mother Slime, but I couldn't beat her, so I went and did an Ed run, which I am still in, since I'm using Ed's Olfaction to get Olfaction.

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: May 07, 2015, 05:31:19 am »

I'll take that as a no.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #422 on: May 07, 2015, 06:43:18 am »

I haven't even looked at this game in over a year, and you're replying to a thread dead since december. I'm not sure how quickly you expected a response..?

My Name is Immaterial

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: May 07, 2015, 10:12:41 am »

I thought that within a few days would be reasonable.

marples

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: August 14, 2017, 05:09:05 pm »

Let's dust off this thread. *pffff*

http://store.steampowered.com/app/597220/West_of_Loathing/

No idea what it's like, but if it's anything like the browser game, then, probably fucked up.

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: August 14, 2017, 05:37:12 pm »

From what I've heard, it's like a kingdom of loathing single player game with a story/plot. Planning on buying it when it goes on sale.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: August 14, 2017, 09:39:25 pm »

West of Loathing is an entirely different game, so it's probably a good idea to make a new thread for it rather than using this ancient one.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Scripten

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: August 16, 2017, 02:20:19 pm »

I've heard good things about it. It's silly, irreverent, and compelling to play, but not very challenging. Thinking of picking it up sometime soon.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: August 16, 2017, 05:11:56 pm »

I had fun with the game, and I definitely felt that I got my money's worth out of it. I don't laugh out loud a lot when I'm solo gaming, even when something is genuinely funny but West of Loathing had me laughing now and then. The game lasted me about 12 hours, which is a good length for what it is, though I'd say I started skipping a lot of text in the last couple of hours. It ends in and abrupt and unsatisfying manner, but the journey was fun. The combat was pretty lousy but I was not playing the game for the combat. Finding secrets, solving stupid puzzles and exploring the zany West of Loathing world was the main attraction for me. Some puzzles lock you out of them if you fail, which was a bit of a bummer since the game didn't really feel like it warranted a second playthrough. I'd probably revisit it if they added some decent sized dlc.

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: August 16, 2017, 09:17:04 pm »

It definitely was designed to be played through more than once, seeing as a LOT of choices lock you out from content.  Some of that minor, some major.

Despite that after finishing my playthrough I don't feel all that inclined to play through again right away.  I will probably play through again, but not any time soon.

quinnr

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 02, 2019, 07:09:57 pm »

I've been getting back into KoL lately (my 10 year account anniversary is in a week!) and was wondering if there's anyone out there still playing. The player-base is a bit smaller than it was in its prime, but it's had a bit of a revive after the success of West of Loathing and there is still new content and items and all that added for Items of the Month and seasonal Challenge Paths at a minimum so it's nice to see a game that's stuck around and still has a dedicated development team. I'm QuinnRi in game, feel free to say hi if you see me!
To exist or not exist, that is the query. For whether it is more optimal of the CPU to endure the viruses and spam of outragous fortune, or to something something something.
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29]