Advanced search  

Author Topic: A tip  (Read 716 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
A tip
« on: May 10, 2008, 04:51:00 am »

If you've run a massive violent campaign in which you've shot up the police station three times to the point of it closing down with full squads of SMG-wielding thugs, and have over 70 counts of murder on your founder, avoid surrendering during a siege.

I was fighting off the SWAT Teams when my founder got down to "wounded", and although I brought forward a college student with two points in first aid into the group, and she got my founder's bleeding to stop, I didn't want to risk it. So we gave in.

Bad decision. Better to let the founder die and be replaced than give up the entire top two levels of extremely wanted high juice liberals all at once.

Only one liberal of about a dozen in that safehouse got off, and that was my squeaky clean college student with first aid skill. She was charged with one count of resisting arrest, and she was found not guilty. Everybody else? 8 consecutive life sentences. 15 consecutive life sentences. Death.

My founder got executed, the next person down took over, and they had 8 life sentences. That's it man, game over man, game over.  :(

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: A tip
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2008, 10:47:00 am »

I had a founder survive like three separate jail terms, each one being 10-30 years, each time reviving the LCS until he was finally hanged for like 50 something murders.  Curtis(Second in command, named after someone I know who likes wolves.  Original name was Wolf) had even more, like 90 or 100.  It was a massacre, I had to sit there and watch my friends die one by one.  Since everyone who could lead died, the LCS crumbled.
Shoes...

Alexhans

• Bay Watcher
  • This is toodamn shortto write something meaningful
    • View Profile
    • Osteopatia y Neurotonia
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2008, 09:43:00 pm »

AH!!!!! HOW COULD YOU GIVE YOUR FOUNDER IN??? THERES A NICE TACTIC TO ESCAPE SIEGES that I use:

Have a lot of almost useless people in the same base of your founder, for example Garment makers (easy to get in a few runs) , ten or twenty (selling clothes is better).  When being sieged make a squad of them and when encountering swats keep reorganizing so you get the lowest amount of deaths...
 You can avoid your way out of the base that way.

I always have a lot of agents with my founder or other guys with good shooting skills so I can fight off the swats without getting a scratch in my important guys.  The key is reorganizing...

Farewell  

Alexhans

PD:  Im still waiting a Win 98 compatible version!!! I love this game and want to play it more often.

“Eight years was awesome and I was famous and I was powerful" - George W. Bush.

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2008, 10:46:00 pm »

Here is a tactic to PREVENT sieges outright that only works in the later versions, possibly only in the latest release: Attack the police station. Hard. Force it to close down. Sure, it'll send your heat through the roof, but the police can't launch sieges when the police station is closed down. Every time you shoot up the police station you'll have about a one month holiday. This won't stop them from finding your safehouse, but it will stop them from sieging you. I THINK you can even lift a siege on another (fortified with food supplies) safehouse by attacking the police station with a non-sieged squad. You just have to make sure you do a lot of damage, which means your squad has to be very strong.

Edit: I wish I could help with the win98 compatibility, but I don't know how to fix it. I am sorry.  :(

[ May 10, 2008: Message edited by: Jonathan S. Fox ]