Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Max skills displayed  (Read 701 times)

Jonathan S. Fox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • http://www.jonathansfox.com/
Max skills displayed
« on: May 13, 2008, 02:53:00 pm »

This was brought up before and I was a bit hesitant to do anything about it, but between partial skill gains being displayed and training, I can see now that we really do need to be able to display more skills than the profile screen as it stands can support. I'd like to invite ideas on how to deal with this.

My thought would be to have a separate full screen of skills that displays all skills in the game and the character's skill level with each of them, even ones that are empty. This screen could then be paged through if more skills are in the game than can be displayed at once. This would be pretty easy to code, and it gets around the problem that the paging buttons are already used on the profile screen to page through Liberals.

BishopX

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Max skills displayed
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 05:06:00 pm »

That sounds good. Is there some way that it would possible to see everyone's skill  in a certain subject, or group of subjects(e.g. general skill, covert skills, combat skills)? It would make squad selection much, much easier if we could find everyone who's good with a shotgun at once rather than having to page though all the individual pages.