Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: RSS Feed + Firefox  (Read 2815 times)

ervill

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: RSS Feed + Firefox
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2008, 11:36:29 am »

For me the formatting is fine, however every time you do an update it seems to think the whole rss feed is marked as new (so I get the last 20 or whatever posts).

I'm using google reader if that makes a difference.

Edit: looking at the feed it's fine so I guess it's a problem in reader. I'm not sure what it uses to know what's old and what's new.

I have the same problem with the google reader and its like spaming the whole thing   :(

Vicomt

• Bay Watcher
  • Just call me Vic.
    • View Profile
    • Steam Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2008, 01:42:18 pm »

I hadn't seen this thread yet, I just posted it in the bug forum  :-\

I'm getting all the messages repeated every day via the opera(9.6) rss reader.

Jay

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Not Dead Yet☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2008, 04:06:20 pm »

edit:  Okay, I've got simple anchors working between the HTML and RSS.  I don't know anything about redirecting from dev_2008 to dev_now, so there's kind of a temporary life on these things.
These anchors would seem to be effective enough.
Now we need to figure out the cause for every entry being marked as new again when you update...
Mishimanriz: Histories of Pegasi and Dictionaries

Mike Mayday

• Bay Watcher
  • gfx whr
    • View Profile
    • Goblinart
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2008, 05:18:14 pm »

My RSS bookmark list is still empty...
<3

Shades

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 17, 2008, 05:53:34 am »

edit:  Okay, I've got simple anchors working between the HTML and RSS.  I don't know anything about redirecting from dev_2008 to dev_now, so there's kind of a temporary life on these things.
These anchors would seem to be effective enough.
Now we need to figure out the cause for every entry being marked as new again when you update...

I'm guessing it's because the format of the feed is changing enough that it doesn't recognise the posts are the same as before. with any luck this will stop when toady updates normally again.
Its like playing god with sentient legos. - They Got Leader
[Dwarf Fortress] plays like a dizzyingly complex hybrid of Dungeon Keeper and The Sims, if all your little people were manic-depressive alcoholics. - tv tropes
You don't use science to show that you're right, you use science to become right. - xkcd

sidew

• Bay Watcher
  • Mighty Engraver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2008, 03:45:55 am »

Your feeds seem not valid: This is the response of w3c validator for RSS http://validator.w3.org/feed/check.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.bay12games.com%2Fdwarves%2Fdev_now.rss

Also i suggest to add this field <pubDate> for every <item> nodes, most RSS reader uses this field for sorting
"I am Urist Threepwood, mighty engraver!"

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2008, 08:17:07 am »

I don't know enough about the py/XSL to do unique ids for entries that have the same date (like the 8/21 entry).  I should be able to give the release entries unique ids and do the atom:link part.  I have no idea how to convert the date into the pubDate format, as I'm not sure how to convert numbers into text through the XSL style sheet.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!
Pages: 1 [2]